The University of Western Australia (UWA) offers the Gledden Visiting Fellowships for the year 2017. This fellowship is part of the estate bestowed to the University by the late Robert John Gledden to endorse and encourage education and research at the University in the disciplines of applied science (relating to surveying, engineering, mining or cognate subjects).
The aim of the fellowship is to provide travel costs and living expenses for accommodation for scholars outside of Western Australia.
- Open for researchers who have PhD degrees or equivalent qualifications or experience and who are mid-career researchers or senior researchers.
- Nominations for mid-career researchers must validate how the nominee’s research aligns with UWA’s areas of research strength and the prospective to considerably enhance the group with which the nominee would be working at the University.
- Recommendations for senior researchers must validate that the nominee has strong association with the host group at this University as proved by recent co-authored publications or grants with that group.
- Recommendations for senior researchers who have earlier received support from the Gledden Trust or other University funds are eligible for a subsequent fellowship only if the likely outcomes are judged by the Gledden Visiting Fellowships Committee to be of significant institutional benefit.
- 14 days-90 days
- The amount of the payments and any other terms and conditions of a fellowship are determined by the Gledden Visiting Fellowships committee and in each case are subject to a written agreement between the Fellow and the University.
- Round trip economy airfare and approx. $1500/week inclusive of lodgings and a diffident living allowance for up to a max of 90 days.
- All awards are in Australian currency.
- Finances will not provided for accompanying family member(s).
Terms and conditions
- Agree to quote university and acknowledge the Fellowship in publications resulting from this award;
- Acknowledge that any IP resulting in commercialization from this association will be discussed at an proper time following UWA Guidelines;
- Agree to provide a final report and take part in periodic surveys by the Institute of Advanced Studies requesting follow-up information on research outcomes that have resulted from the Fellowship;
- Deliver a public lecture or master class for the Institute of Advanced Studies;
- Provide a letter from their home institution, allowing leave and directing that the Fellow will return to the home institution at the completion of the visit.
|Organization||University of Western Australia|
|Fellowship Level||Visiting fellowship|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open for International applicants|
|Deadline||1 August 2016|
Director, Institute of Advanced Studies
For Further Details: Click
Apply for job
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,094)
- Europe (784)
- United Kingdom (509)
- Germany (486)
- United States (445)
- Norway (234)
- Switzerland (227)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (157)
- Italy (143)
- Canada (95)
- France (94)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (63)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships