YOUNG EXPLORERS GRANT (PDF): National Geographic: Young Explorers Grants (YEG) offer opportunity to individuals aged between 18 to 25 who wants to pursue research, conservation, and exploration-related projects co-consistent with National Geographic’s existing grant programs.
The Young Explorers Grant programs include:
- Committee for Research and Exploration (CRE),
- Expeditions Council (EC),
- Conservation Trust (CT).
- The Young Explorers Grants Program (YEGP) supports a variety of projects and is applicable for an age-range of applicants that are generally not offered by other sources of funding.
- Applicants are not required to hold advanced degrees.
- Although, a record and experience in the fields of exploration, research and conservation should be submitted for better assessment.
- Funding is open for foreign nationals
Grant Limits: Young Explorers Grants vary in between US $2,000 and $5,000 at the maximum.
- The grants should not be used for indirect overhead, costs, and other expenses which are not directly related to the project.
- Funds may not be used for travel to scientific or professional meetings / conferences, vacations, tuition, study abroad programs, legal actions, volunteer activities, land acquisition, construction of permanent field stations, endowments, or publication of research results.
Obtaining an Application Form
The application is a two-step process:
Firstly, you must submit a pre-application form available online. If your pre-application is approved, then you will be sent an email with a link and a password that will give you access to full application online portal.
Please remember to mention Young Explorers Grant in the subject line.