ZEF doctoral studies program aims at young scientists from all over the world with an exceptional master’s or equivalent degree. Bonn International Graduate Studies for Development Research (BIGS-DR) is a doctoral program which is part of the Center for Development (ZEF).
- Social Sciences
- Political Science
- Economics, Development Economics
- Agricultural and Resource Economics
- Biology, Ecology, Forestry
- Earth Sciences
Duration: 3 years
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Applicant must have an outstanding master or equivalent degree
- Applicant must have scored GPA higher than 3.0 in the American system, or a grade higher than 2.0 in the German system or equivalent.
- Applicant having work experience in national or international research institutions, governments, or the private sector will be preferred.
- Applicant must show interest in interdisciplinary research.
- The doctoral program is conducted in English, therefore English language skills are required: IELTS (band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer-based, 80 internet-based).
- Students can attend a two-month German language course prior to the study program
- There is no age limit for applying to the doctoral program at ZEF. But, applicant’s last academic degree must be obtained less than 6 years prior to application.
- Application must contain a Graduate Research Statement (describe a development problem; main research questions; proposed methods; literature references). The statement must be of maximum 4 pages. –
- To be eligible to receiving a DAAD scholarship applicant must have at least 2 years of relevant professional experience.
How to apply:
- Register online
- Application for admission
- Applications can be submitted at any time, particularly if the applicant already has a scholarship or if applicant wishes to apply for a scholarship not provided by DAAD.
- DAAD and other funders have their own deadlines
- ZEF’s Doctoral Studies Program starts on October 1, annually.
|Organization||University of Bonn|
|Subject areas||Biology, Economics, Mathematics, Social Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 August 2017|
University of Bonn is one of the world’s leading research based Universities and therefore it is no surprise that we operate on an international level. We particularly specialize in the fields of research and teaching and this has led to our evolving into the position of a truly prominent international institution.
- The Faculty of Catholic Theology
- The Faculty of Protestant Theology
- The Faculty of Law and Economics
- The Faculty of Medicine
- The Faculty of Arts
- The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- The Faculty of Agriculture
The University maintains several Doctoral Programs as well as an overwhelming number of Third-Party Funded Graduate Institutions (Graduate Schools within the German Excellence Initiative, DFG Research Training Groups, etc.).
- Address Germany
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,090)
- Europe (779)
- United Kingdom (508)
- Germany (483)
- United States (444)
- Norway (233)
- Switzerland (226)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (155)
- Italy (142)
- Canada (95)
- France (93)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (63)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships