Czech Republic: Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education – Economics Institute (CERGE-EI) has posted 1 job
Czech Republic: Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute (CERGE-EI)
Czech Republic: Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education – Economics Institute (CERGE-EI): CERGE-EI (Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education – Economics Institute) is a joint venture of Charles University and the Economics Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences.
Globally CERGE-EI is ranked in the top 4% of economics institutions. It is the Central and East European Regional Network representative for the Global Development Network (GDN) – a leading worldwide network of policy and research institutes in the area of development economics.
CERGE-EI is strategically located in historic Prague, the heart of Europe. CERGE-EI continues to be recognized as a regional center of excellence in graduate education and research. It has a proven track record of attracting high-quality researchers, faculty and students.
CERGE-EI’s PhD in Economics was granted an absolute charter by the New York State Department of Education Board of Regents in 2005 and is fully accredited in the Czech Republic by the Ministry of Education, Youth & Sports, enabling it to grant both US and Czech degrees.
Since its inception in 1991, CERGE-EI has educated students from 43 countries on 5 continents in modern economics.
The graduate programs portfolio includes:
- A career-oriented MA in Applied Economics and
- A theoretical, academia-oriented PhD in Economics.
- A Visiting Master’s scheme for Master students from other universities who are interested in taking some PhD courses at CERGE-EI during their studies.
CERGE-EI also offers skills for Economics writing and speaking. The Academic Skills Center (ASC) offers language and communication skills support specifically tailored for all CERGE-EI Masters in Applied Economics and PhD in Economics students.
ASC services include:
- PhD in Economics and MA in Applied Economics writing courses
- Presentation skills development courses
- Dissertation writing assistance
- Open Hours for other needs
- Teaching Assistant Training
- Pedagogical Training for Teaching Fellows