Prime Minister’s fellowship Scheme for Doctoral research is meant for backing aspiring PhD scholars with double scholarship 50% of which will be provided by government and balance 50% by a sponsoring industry, for carrying out research for 4 years and the research fellow will receive doctoral degree by doing this industrial research.
Eligibility for Prime Minister’s Fellowship:
One doctoral fellow and one industry will apply together. The application has to be filled by the doctoral fellow
- Applicant (Doctoral fellow) must have enrolled or admitted for full-time PhD in last 14 months from the date of submission of applications in any recognized Indian University or Institute or Research lab.
- Applicant must obtain ‘NOC from the Institution before applying
- Applicant must have identified (before applying) an industry partner or a co-applicant who shall be ready to support the research project financially and also provide technical and intellectual support
- Applicant must choose the topic of research which has practical relevance and industrial application
- Applicant and the proposed research topic must qualify on criteria of excellence and relevance and be of technical and scientific excellence.
- The selected applicant must be keen to work with or in industry as and when required by the industry partner during the project period.
- Duration of research shall not be exceeding more than 4 years leading to the award of doctoral degree to the fellow.
- Number of fellowships: 100
- Fellowship amount: up to Rs. 8,00,000/a maximum per candidate
- Duration of the Fellowships: maximum 4 years
- Note: the selected candidate will cease to receive any other scholarship or salary from any other organization.
How to Apply:
- Applications are to be submitted online.
- Last date of Online Submission of Application Form: Within 14 months of registration or admission to PhD
- Announcement of Results: Updates on website
- Signing of MOUs among selected PhD Fellows, Industry and Institutes: By the date mentioned in the email sent by CII on selection
- Release of Fellowship amount to Research scholar: On a monthly basis
- SERB, DST, Government of India : Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII): email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
|Organization||Govt. of India|
|Subject areas||Science, Engineering, Medicine|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
Department of Science & Technology (DST) was established in May 1971, with the objective of promoting new areas of Science & Technology and to play the role of a nodal department for organising, coordinating and promoting S&T activities in the country. The Department has major responsibilities for specific projects and programmes as listed below:
- Formulation of policies relating to Science and Technology.
- Matters relating to the Scientific Advisory Committee of the Cabinet (SACC).
- Promotion of new areas of Science and Technology with special emphasis on emerging areas.
- Research and Development through its research institutions or laboratories for development of indigenous technologies concerning bio-fuel production, processing, standardization and applications, in co-ordination with the concerned Ministry or Department;
- Research and Development activities to promote utilization of by-products to development value added chemicals.
- Coordination and integration of areas of Science & Technology having cross-sectoral linkages in which a number of institutions and departments have interest and capabilities.
- Undertaking or financially sponsoring scientific and technological surveys, research design and development, where necessary.
- Support and Grants-in-aid to Scientific Research Institutions, Scientific Associations and Bodies.
- Matters commonly affecting Scientific and technological departments/organisations/ institutions e.g. financial, personnel, purchase and import policies and practices.
- Management Information Systems for Science and Technology and coordination thereof.
- Matters regarding Inter-Agency/Inter-Departmental coordination for evolving science and technology missions.
- Matters concerning domestic technology particularly the promotion of ventures involving the commercialization of such technology other than those under the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research.
- All other measures needed for the promotion of science and technology and their application to the development and security of the nation.
- Matters relating to institutional Science and Technology capacity building including setting up of new institutions and institutional infrastructure.
- Promotion of Science and Technology at the State, District, and Village levels for grass- roots development through State Science and Technology Councils and other mechanisms.
- Application of Science and Technology for weaker sections, women and other disadvantaged sections of Society.
- Address India
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,133)
- Europe (803)
- United Kingdom (539)
- Germany (512)
- United States (469)
- Australia (232)
- Switzerland (231)
- Norway (218)
- Denmark (198)
- Netherlands (145)
- Italy (138)
- Sweden (137)
- France (99)
- Canada (95)
- Japan (83)
- Spain (80)
- All Country (66)
- Belgium (66)
- Finland (63)
- China (42)
- New Zealand (42)
- Singapore (38)
- Austria (38)
- South Africa (29)
- Czech Republic (28)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(111)
- JRF / SRF(5)
- Masters | PhD(45)
- Research Associate(333)
- Research Awards(297)
- Short cources(18)
- Short courses(33)
- Technical positions(371)
- Travel Grants(59)