Canon Foundation in Europe offers Fellowships to highly qualified European and Japanese researchers. European Fellows are expected to carry out a period of research in Japan whereas Japanese Fellows are expected to do their research in Europe.
Canon Fellowships are for a minimum period of 3 months up to maximum of 1 year. Fellowships are offered in all fields of research. There are no limitations or restrictions. Applicants need not to be currently enrolled or employed at the time of applying. Fellows from Europe and Japan are free to choose their host institutes and hosts. Applications can also be submitted by members of commercial, industrial, governmental or professional organizations.
- All EU are eligible to apply (including Israel, Turkey, Balkan and Baltic countries).
- Europeans should have permanent citizenship in the country.
- Applicants must have obtained Master’s degree within the last ten years of applying.
- Candidates obtained their qualification more than ten years ago as long as they provide further supporting information in their application will also be considered.
- Applications should be made through online application form.
- Following documents are required to be uploaded with application:
- Research plan including an estimate of total costs (max. One A4 sheet-2 sides)
- Confirmation from host institute that research or work facilities will be made available.
- Two reference letters from 2 persons who are in a position to comment on your academic or professional qualifications and on your previous work.
- Curriculum Vitae
- One copy of PhD certificate or your highest academic degree or professional qualification obtained
- One recent passport size photograph
- One list of academic publications or professional achievements in chronological order containing information on all authors, place and year of publication and page references.
|Country||European Countries, Japan|
|Subject areas||All Disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||Euro 22,500-27,500/year|
|Eligibility||EU and Japenese nationals|
|Deadline||September 15 (yearly)|
For Further Details: Click