The University of Amsterdam (UvA) has a rich history dating back to 1632, when its forerunner, the Golden Age school Athenaeum Illustre, was established.
- Amsterdam Law School,
- Economics and Business,
- Faculty of Science,
- Graduate School of Child Development and Education,
- Graduate School of Communication,
- Graduate School of Humanities,
- Graduate School of Psychology,
- Graduate School of Social Sciences,
Requirements: Consider the following essentials for applying for the fellowship-
- Students from any discipline belonging to the top 10% of graduates from their class can apply.
- The academic quality of the educational institute where the undergraduate (or graduate) programme has been obtained;
- A letter of recommendation by a dean, teacher or academic supervisor
- The letter of motivation (maximum 500 words) in which the candidate explains the reasons for choosing the specific Master’s programme (broader context, relevance for future career);
- Proof of English proficiency is required for non English speaking countries; native English speakers who have attended an English-language university (eg. in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand) are exempt;
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under studiefinanciering the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
- Be (provisionally) admitted to an English-taught Master’s degree programme at the University of Amsterdam which is registered in the Central Register of Higher Education Programmes.
- The candidate should not receive another scholarship for the same period of study as the AES.
|Organization||University of Amsterdam|
|Fellowship Level||Master’s Degree / PhD|
|Subject areas||Law, Economics and Business, Science, Communication, Humanities, Psychology, Social Sciences|
|Eligibility||First class Bachelor’s degree / Masters|
Register and apply here: Click
Other Important Information: Click
Apply for job
The University of Amsterdam is one of Europe’s most prominent research-led universities. It is a modern institution with a long and rich history dating from 1632.
Graduate Schools and Colleges
Teaching at the UvA is incorporated in Graduate Schools (Master’s study programmes and the teaching part of PhD programmes) and Colleges (Bachelor’s study programmes).
These fall under one of the seven UvA faculties. Amsterdam University College (AUC), an educational institute of the UvA and VU University Amsterdam, is the only exception to this rule. In addition, there is one university educational institute: the Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies.
|Economics and Business|
|Faculty of Dentistry (ACTA)|
|Faculty of Humanities|
|Faculty of Law|
|Faculty of Medicine (AMC)|
|Faculty of Science|
|Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences|
- Address Netherlands