IIT Madras invites applications from individuals for faculty positions at the levels of: ASSISTANT PROFESSOR: Pay Band 3 (Rs.15600-39100) with AGP Rs. 8,000/- For direct recruits, minimum pay in the PB-3 to be fixed at Rs.30,000/-. Also AGP Rs.6000/- Rs.7000/- and Rs.9000/- (Pay Band 4, Rs.37400-67000) as per eligibility.
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR: Pay Band 4 (Rs.37400-67000) with AGP Rs. 9,500/- For direct recruits, minimum pay in the PB-4 to be fixed at Rs.42,800/-
- PhD with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with consistently good academic record throughout.
- APPLICATION FORM AND INSTRUCTIONS • Applications are to be submitted online at facapp.iitm.ac.in; fillable forms and instructions can be found at the same site. Also send one signed hardcopy of the data sheet (only) to: Dean (Administration) IIT Madras Chennai 600 036.
- The completed application materials should be uploaded on or before April 23, 2017.
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE APPLICATION FORM • Please send one application form for each post, if applying for more than one; a single application form is sufficient for applying to multiple departments – indicate the departments in the form in the appropriate columns. Enclosures are to be uploaded along with the application form, as separate documents (pdf preferred).
Positions are available in the following Departments:
∗ Aerospace Engineering
∗ Applied Mechanics
∗ Mechanical Engineering
∗ Electrical Engineering
∗ Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
∗ Ocean Engineering
∗ Civil Engineering
∗ Chemical Engineering
∗ Humanities & Social Sciences
∗ Management Studies
∗ Computer Science & Engineering
∗ Engineering Design
- EXPERIENCE as on July 15, 2017
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR At least 6 years industrial / research / teaching experience of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor / Senior Scientific Officer / Senior Design Engineer.
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR At least 3 years industrial / research / teaching experience excluding however, the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D. Candidates preferably should be below 35 years of age.
- Assistant Professor on contractual basis Candidates not eligible for direct recruitment may be put on tenure track for the regular post of Assistant Professor. At the entry level they may be placed in Pay band – 3 of Rs.15600-39100 with AGP of Rs.6000/- with seven non-compounded advance increments and shall move after 1 year to AGP of Rs.7000/- and after 3 years to AGP of Rs.8000/- with a minimum pay of Rs.30000/-
Humanities & Social Sciences
Computer Science & Engineering
|Closing date||April 23, 2017|
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY MADRAS CHENNAI – 600 036 Advertisement No. IITM/R/1/2017
IIT Madras offers undergraduate, postgraduate and research degrees across 16 disciplines in Engineering, Sciences, Humanities and Management. About 360 faculty belonging to science and engineering departments and centres of the Institute are engaged in teaching, research and industrial consultancy.
The institute has 16 academic departments and advanced research centres across disciplines of engineering and pure sciences, with nearly 100 laboratories. The academic calendar is organised around the semester. Each semester provides a minimum of seventy days of instruction in English. Students are evaluated on a continuous basis throughout the semester. Evaluation is done by the faculty, a consequence of the autonomous status granted to the Institute. Research work is evaluated on the basis of the review thesis by peer examiners both from within the country and abroad. Ordinances that govern the academic programme of study are prepared by the Senate, the highest academic body within the institute.
- Address India