Biozentrum International PhD Program in Molecular Life Sciences calls motivated young scientists from all over the world to apply for a PhD student position at the Biozentrum of the University of Basel, Switzerland. The “Fellowships for Excellence” are only awarded to a max. of 10 successful students per open call: The program thus committed to recruit and identify only the most exceptional students worldwide.
Due to this meticulous selection and a wide-ranging evaluation procedure, these “Fellowships for Excellence” are highly esteemed and sought after. Successful candidates will have direct entrée to the Biozentrum PhD program and are offered a rotation based selection of a research group of choice and a number of other perks that should foster the scientific excellence and the career prospects of these doctoral candidates.
- Candidate must hold Master’s degree (Diploma, DEA).
- Before employment, candidates should either already be holding or awaiting their university degree that qualifies them for a PhD program at the University of Basel (M.Sc, Diploma, etc.).
- Only in exceptional cases, brilliant students with a B.Sc degree will be considered for the “Fellowships for Excellence” program. These candidates will have to pass supplementary courses at the Biozentrum after acceptance.
Track 1: Applications may be made submitted to the head of a research group at the Biozentrum at any time during the year
Track 2: Applications for the WSF-sponsored program “Fellowships for Excellence” can be placed online by June 20th.
Application file (*pdf) must contain the following:
- e-copies of the diploma/M.Sc degree with grades and transcripts
- CV or scientific résumé (maximum one page)
- Description of research interests and one with a specific focus on a potential PhD thesis at the Biozentrum
- Names and contact information of 2 referees (previous faculty members) are required.
- The referees will be contacted directly and will be asked for an online evaluation as well as a reference letter.
|Organization||University of Basel|
|Subject areas||Molecular Biology|
|Fellowship amount||CHF 6,000 for 3 years|
|Eligibility||Open to International Students|
|Deadline||Track I: any time of the year|
Track II: 20 June
The University of Basel is a university of international renown, which provides excellence in research and teaching.
As a full university, the University of Basel attracts students from all over the world and offers them excellent conditions for studying at the Bachelor, Master and Doctorate level. In international universities, it is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world.
Founded in 1460, the University of Basel as the oldest university in Switzerland can look back on more than 550 years of successful history. various faculties are:
- Faculty of Theology
Faculty of Philosophy and Natural Sciences
Faculty of Business and Economics
Faculty of Psychology
- Address Switzerland
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,160)
- Europe (834)
- United Kingdom (549)
- Germany (535)
- United States (477)
- Australia (240)
- Switzerland (237)
- Norway (225)
- Denmark (205)
- Netherlands (149)
- Italy (142)
- Sweden (139)
- France (104)
- Canada (96)
- Japan (83)
- Spain (82)
- All Country (69)
- Belgium (66)
- Finland (63)
- China (43)
- New Zealand (42)
- Austria (40)
- Singapore (39)
- Czech Republic (31)
- South Africa (29)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(111)
- JRF / SRF(5)
- Masters | PhD(45)
- Research Associate(342)
- Research Awards(301)
- Short cources(19)
- Short courses(34)
- Summer School(2)
- Technical positions(374)
- Travel Grants(59)