Caltech SURF (Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships) program is one of the best courses. Since years, SURF scholars have had the chance to carry out research under the supervision of experienced mentors working at the frontiers of their fields. Students familiarize with the process of research as an imaginative intellectual action from commencement (defining and developing a project) to end (presenting their results at SURF Seminar Day).
About The Program:
Caltech’s SURF program introduces pupil to research under the supervision of experienced research mentors at Caltech and JPL. Students learn and experience the process of innovation as a creative intellectual activity.
SURF is modeled on the grant seeking process:
- Students work together with potential mentors to identify and develop a project
- Candidate write research summary for their projects
- Staff member review the proposals and suggest awards
- Students carry out the research for 10 week long during the summer
- At the end of the program, students present a technical paper and give a presentation at one of many SURF Seminar Days, symposia based on a professional technical meeting.
Qualifications & Requirements for Current Caltech Students:
- Candidate shall be a continuing undergraduate student
- Applicant should have been achieving a cumulative GPA min. 2.0
- Complete the third term at Caltech, or at one more school under a program permitted by a Dean.
- Applicant shall be qualified for fall term registration before commencement of your SURF project and not later than July.
- Student should not be under any academic or disciplinary sanction(s).
Qualifications and Requirements for Visiting (Non-Caltech) and International Students:
- Applicant shall be a continuing undergraduate student and qualified for fall term registration.
- Applicant should have been achieving a cumulative GPA of min. 2.5/4.0.
- Complete the 2nd semester or 3rd quarter at your college or university.
- Student should not be under any academic or disciplinary sanction.
- Applicants should dedicate full effort to conducting the SURF project.
- Applicant shall take part in the project for the full ten week time.
- At the end, student shall submit two project reports permitted by their mentors.
- Student shall submit an abstract of their project. And written technical report which is agreed by the mentor shall also be submitted.
- An oral presentation is to be given on one of the scheduled seminar day symposia.
- To follow Caltech’s Honor Code
|Organization||California Institute of Technology (Caltech)|
|Fellowship Level||Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships|
|Subject areas||All Disciplines|
For Further Details: Click
Apply for job
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,090)
- Europe (779)
- United Kingdom (508)
- Germany (483)
- United States (444)
- Norway (233)
- Switzerland (226)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (155)
- Italy (142)
- Canada (95)
- France (93)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (63)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships