CSIR-CCMB (Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology), invites applications from are Indian nationals, to carry out research in modern biology leading to a Doctoral Degree.
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Developmental Biology
- Plant Molecular Biology
- Conservation Biology
- Protein Structure and Function
- Biology of Macromolecules
- Biology of Infection
- Chromatin Biology
- Applicant holding Master’s degree in any branch of science and a valid National level fellowship (JRF/SRF of CSIR, UGC, DBT, ICMR, etc.), DST-INSPIRE or any other equivalent fellowship for pursuing PhD is eligible to apply.
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Pharmacy or Medicine and a valid fellowship for pursuing a Doctorate are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants with a BE/B.Tech degree in Biotechnology or in any engineering discipline must have a GATE score of at least 85.0 percentile; B.Pharm degree candidates must have a GPAT score of at least 85.0 percentile.
- A valid fellowship is mandatory requirement for pursuing PhD at CCMB.
- Applicant must not exceed 28 years of age as on 17-04-2017; relaxable by 5 years as per the Govt. of India rule for SC/ST/OBC/Women/Physically Handicapped candidates.
- Apply online
Written Test and Interview:
- Online applications will be screened and the eligible candidates will be called for a computer based written test at one of their preferred centers among the 19 test centers across the country on 04-05-2017.
- Applicants qualifying in the written test will be called to appear for interview at the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad on 29-05-2017 (preliminary) and 30-05-2017 (final).
- Candidates with lecturer-ship only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination need not apply.
- Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm candidates qualified in GATE/GPAT are not eligible to apply.
|Organization||CSIR- Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB)|
Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Developmental Biology, Plant Molecular Biology, Conservation Biology, Ecology, Protein Structure and Function, Biology of Macromolecules, Biology of Infection, Epigenetics, Chromatin Biology, Bioinformatics
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) is a premier India R&D organisation. It is among the world’s largest publicly funded R&D organisation. CSIR’s pioneering sustained contribution to Science and Technology human resource development is acclaimed nationally. CSIR funds individuals and organizations through various grants, fellowship schemes throughout the year.
CSIR is contributing significantly towards producing an inquiring society and fast growing knowledge economy. The numerous schemes by CSIR cover a wide range of scientists (aging from 15 years to 65 years)
Some Major path-breaking schemes of CSIR:
- CSIR Program on Youth for Leadership in Science CPYLS **
- Junior Research Fellowship JRF
- JRF-GATE Fellowship
- Senior Research Fellowship SRF
- Research Associateship (RA)
- Senior Research Associateship (SRA) (Scientist’s Pool Scheme)
- Emeritus Scientist Terms & Condition Apply Online
- Visiting Associateship
- Research Scheme / Sponsored Research Schemes
- Travel Grant
- Grant for Holding Symposium/Seminar
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize (SSB)
- G N Ramachandran Gold Medal
- Young Scientist Awards (YSA)
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Fellowship (SPMF)
- CSIR-Nehru Science Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Scheme
- Programme on Technology Led Entrepreneurship
- Address India
PhD All Country, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Open for all countries, Poland, Portugal, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States