CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative biology (CSIR-IGIB) invites applications from bright and talented scholars from diverse backgrounds with strong motivation and good academic record to carry out research in the foremost areas of modern biology leading to a PhD degree.
- Genomics and Molecular Medicine
- Genome Informatics and Structural Biology
- Chemical and Systems Biology
- Respiratory disease biology
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Applicant must hold Masters’ degree (M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm) with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in any branch of Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Chemistry/Physics/Mathematics/Computer Science or allied subjects with special interest in Biology. B.Tech (in Biological sciences or other branches with special interest in Biology)/B.Pharm/B.E./MBBS candidates with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) may also apply.
- All candidates must also have obtained at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in their XII th standard board examination.
- Both the criteria are relaxed for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates to a minimum of 55% in the highest qualifying exam and at the XII th standard board examination.
- Candidates who are awaiting results for the highest qualifying examinations are allowed to appear, but their admission is subject to clearing all the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
- Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm/B.Tech/B.Pharm/B.E/MBBS candidates should hold CSIR-UGC (JRF)/DBT(JRF)/ICMR- JRF/DST-INSPIRE or equivalent (fellowship certificate should be valid at least till July 13, 2017, in all cases).
- Applicant must not exceed 28 years of age; relaxable for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy)/physically handicapped persons as well as women candidates as per Govt. of India rules in this regard.
- A digital passport photograph not more than 2MB in size.
- Details of your educational qualifications (marks, subjects, university, year of passing, etc). Please convert CGPA grades to percentage.
- A succinctly written research proposal highlighting the following: Title of the proposal; Introduction on the problem; What is not known?; How do you aim to solve it?; 1 page schematic on the proposal (max 1500 words)
- The proposal file should be a single pdf file containing the schematic.
- Candidates will have to submit a non-refundable application fee of Rs 1000/- [Rs 500/- for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates]. The payment needs to be made through an online payment portal.
|Organization||Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology|
|Subject areas||Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||May 31, 2017|
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) is a premier India R&D organisation. It is among the world’s largest publicly funded R&D organisation. CSIR’s pioneering sustained contribution to Science and Technology human resource development is acclaimed nationally. CSIR funds individuals and organizations through various grants, fellowship schemes throughout the year.
CSIR is contributing significantly towards producing an inquiring society and fast growing knowledge economy. The numerous schemes by CSIR cover a wide range of scientists (aging from 15 years to 65 years)
Some Major path-breaking schemes of CSIR:
- CSIR Program on Youth for Leadership in Science CPYLS **
- Junior Research Fellowship JRF
- JRF-GATE Fellowship
- Senior Research Fellowship SRF
- Research Associateship (RA)
- Senior Research Associateship (SRA) (Scientist’s Pool Scheme)
- Emeritus Scientist Terms & Condition Apply Online
- Visiting Associateship
- Research Scheme / Sponsored Research Schemes
- Travel Grant
- Grant for Holding Symposium/Seminar
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize (SSB)
- G N Ramachandran Gold Medal
- Young Scientist Awards (YSA)
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Fellowship (SPMF)
- CSIR-Nehru Science Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Scheme
- Programme on Technology Led Entrepreneurship
- Address India
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,104)
- Europe (825)
- United Kingdom (547)
- Germany (512)
- United States (477)
- Norway (247)
- Switzerland (240)
- Australia (233)
- Denmark (197)
- Sweden (191)
- Netherlands (173)
- Italy (141)
- France (102)
- Canada (98)
- Spain (94)
- Japan (83)
- Belgium (76)
- All Country (68)
- Finland (68)
- New Zealand (45)
- China (42)
- Austria (41)
- Singapore (40)
- Poland (37)
- South Africa (30)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(118)
- JRF / SRF(4)
- Masters | PhD(56)
- Research Associate(330)
- Research Awards(291)
- Short cources(18)
- Short courses(34)
- Technical positions(361)
- Travel Grants(60)