CSIR YOUNG SCIENTIST AWARDS: The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) a scheme of Awards for Young Scientists in CSIR system in order to promote excellence in various fields of science and technology. These Awards are known as “CSIR Young Scientist Awards”.
CSIR Young Scientist Awards are given annually in the mentioned fields:
- Biological Sciences,
- Chemical Sciences,
- Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Physical Sciences (including instrumentation)
- Rs.50000 prize money
- Awardees are entitled to a Special Honorarium of Rs 7500/month till the age of 45 years
- Research grant of Rs 25 lakh over a period of 5 years, is also given
Aim / Objectives
Promoting and recognizing outstanding contributions made by young CSIR scientists for their work done primarily in India during the last 5 years.
- Any scientist who is engaged in research work in any of the CSIR laboratories or institutes,
- Not more than 35 years of age
Directors/ Chairperson of Research Councils / Bhatnagar Awardees can propose nominations only of scientists belonging to the CSIR laboratories/ institutes with which they are associated
The Awards will be presented to the recipients on 26 September( CSIR Foundation Day every year)
After the selections, each Awardee is required to submit a research proposal indicating the contingency and equipment grant that would be required for the pursuit of research as per his/her proposed project.