DAAD Research Grants; Doctoral Programmes; Germany
DAAD offers research grants to young foreign academics and scientists with an opportunity to carry out research and continue their education in Germany. This programme is intended to support doctoral projects in Germany.
- Applicants must be excellently qualified young academics and scientists who have completed a Master’s degree or Diploma or in exceptional cases a Bachelor’s degree at the latest by the time they begin their grant-supported research.
- Applicants must not have graduated any longer than 6 years before the application deadline.
- If the applicant is already working on a PhD degree; then it shouldn’t have started longer than three years previously.
- Applicants who have been staying in Germany for more than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
- Language skills: for the arts, social sciences and law, at least a good knowledge of German is expected. For the natural sciences and engineering, proof of good English language skills may also be accepted if English is spoken at the host institute.
- PhD programmes at a state or state-recognised institution of higher education or a non-university research institute in Germany:
- individual projects under the mentorship of a university teacher or academic guide or
- participation in a structured doctoral study programme
Duration of the funding
- maximum 3 years; can be extended up to 4 years (in exceptional cases);
- 750 euros/month – for graduates; 1,000 euros/month- for doctoral candidates
- health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance
- research allowance (once only)
- Online application form
- CV in tabular form (not more than 3 pages)
- List of publications (not more than 10 pages)
- detailed research proposal and a description of previous research work (not more than 10 pages)
- In the case of individual projects mentored by a university teacher (academic adviser)
- Letter confirming supervision by a university teacher in Germany (academic adviser)
- Plan of research work
- Structured doctoral study programme: Letter of admission to a study programme; this can be subsequently submitted before the grant-supported research begins if it is not available at the time of application.
- Proof of existing contacts to the coordinator of the doctoral programme in the form of copies of correspondence.
|Subject areas||Social Sciences, Humanities, Law, Natural Sciences, Mathematics|
|Fellowship amount||Varies according to qualifications|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||October 15th (yearly)|
Imp Note: The access to the DAAD portal opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline.
- Name of Organisation Field Value