University of Oulu invites applications for the position of PhD student in the field of nanotechnology to support the Printed electronics research team in the Optoelectronics and Measurement Techniques Research Unit. PhD student is going to conduct research in the surface modification related projects that concern forming various nanostructures by using ink-jet printing technology and other additive manufacturing technologies.
- Applicant must hold MSc degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science, or Physics
- Applicant must have some knowledge in soft matter systems, such as colloids, macromolecules or relevant materials, solution-phase self-assembly (polymeric nano-structures, nanotechnology, nanoparticle functionalization, etc.); preferably experience in thin-film and material characterization methods such as optical measurements, surface profilometry, SEM, TEM, AFM, etc.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to produce results through reports and publications
- Applicant must be able to communicate and comprehend accurately, clearly and concisely in English.
- Depending on personal achievement and performance, the salary of Doctoral student will be set at levels 2–4 of the national salary scale for the teaching and research staff of Finnish universities (€ 2186 – € 3022 gross).
Duration: 1 year; renewable
- Application to be submitted using the e-application form
- 2 references with contact details
- Cover letter (max 1 page, with a short description of interest and motives of undertaking this job)
|Organization||University of Oulu|
|Subject areas||Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science, Physics|
|Fellowship amount||As per regulations|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||March 27, 2017|
For Further Details: Click