DTU Bioengineering – Department of Biotechnology and Biomedicine at the Technical University of Denmark are seeking a highly motivated and talented postdoc candidate to work on an interdisciplinary project on genomic adaptation of bacterial pathogens. The post doc position is available in the Infection Microbiology Group (IMG). The successful fellow will work in a dynamic team that studies evolution of bacterial pathogens during infection of their human hosts.
- Applicants must hold a Doctorate in Engineering or Natural sciences with strong research experience in bioinformatics or analysis of next-generation sequence data, as well as experimental bacterial genetics or physiology.
- Applicant must have a high quality record of results and publications.
- Applicant must have a strong scientific foundation within one or more of the following areas: Microbial genome sequence analysis; Bioinformatics; Bacterial physiology; Experimental molecular microbiology
- Applicants having knowledge of evolutionary theory and processes will have advantage
- Applicant must be a good communicator and strong in English (written and spoken).
Desirables: The successful candidate must be:
- highly motivated toward studying the genetic and molecular details of bacterial genome evolution,
- be an efficient team worker
- self-motivated and have a critical approach to formulation and experimental testing of hypotheses
Duration: The period of employment is for 2.5 years.
- Applications are to be submitted online as one pdf file containing all the following materials to be given consideration.
- Cover letter (Application)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Diploma (Grade transcripts)
- Publication list
Technical University of Denmark (DTU Bioengineering)
|Subject areas||Biotechnology, Biomedicine, Bioengineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15 September 2016|
Contact: Professor MSO Lars Jelsbak, +45 4525 6129, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Further Details: Click