Ernest Rutherford Fellowship: Ernest Rutherford Fellowships by the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) will enable early career researchers to establish a strong, independent research program. They will encourage talented researchers from UK universities to remain in the country while at the same time attract outstanding international researchers to the UK.
Subject areas: STFC supports a number of Fellows undertaking a range of research within STFC core science areas.
- Each Fellowship will last for five (05) years, with up to 12 being offered annually.
Objectives: The aim is to support future scientific leaders / researchers to establish a strong, independent research program.
- These Rutherford Fellowships are intended for early career researchers who do not hold an academic position.
- Applicants must have a PhD
- A minimum of five years’ research experience from the start of the postgraduate program leading to the award of a PhD and 1 September 2018 with, normally, a minimum of two (02) years’ postdoc experience.
How to apply
Deadline: 4:00 pm Thursday 21 September 2017
- You are advised to contact your proposed host department as early as possible and certainly well ahead of the deadline for submission of applications.
- Departments may have internal processes to select which candidates to support and the timetables for these vary.
Fellowships and general enquiries
Tel: +44 (0)1793 413 195
|Organization||Ernest Rutherford Fellowship, Science and Technology Facilities Council|
|Subject areas||All Disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||As per univ. regulations|
|Deadline||Thursday 21 September 2017|
PhD All Country, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Open for all countries, Poland, Portugal, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States