Institute of Photonic Sciences: 15 PhD Positions
The Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO) is inviting suitable candidates for a focused PhD program for 4.5 years, in partnership with the Universitat Politenica de Catalunya (BarcelonaTech). The main aim is to provide intensive research-based training to the selected candidates.
The positions are offered in the scope of several fellowship programs currently active within the ICFO International PhD Program:
- The ICFOstepstone Program, a Marie Sklowdowska-Curie-COFUND action under the European Union?s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme (GA 713729), awarding INCOMING Fellowships to outstanding graduate students.
- The Severo Ochoa PhD-fellowships funded by the Spanish Ministry of Innovation, Economy and Competitiveness.
- The FI-DGR PhD-Fellowships funded by the Generalitat of Catalonia.
Potential research areas include the following, ( but are not limited to):
- Biophysics & Biomedical Optics
- Optical Sensing, Optoelectronics & Photovoltaics
- Nonlinear Optics, Ultrafast Optics & Atto-Physics
- Nanophotonics, Optomechanics & Nanomechanics
- Experimental Quantum Optics & Quantum Information
- Theoretical Nanophotonics, Quantum Optics & Quantum Information
Program and organization involved:
- ICFOstepstone (MSCA-COFUND, European Commission),
- The International Fellowship Program “la Caixa” – Severo Ochoa @ ICFO,
- MINECO Severo Ochoa PhD-fellowships program.
Eligibility / Qualifications:
- Master-equivalent degree in Science and Engineering
- An excellent academic record,
- Research experience
- English efficiency.
Application Procedure: Applications are to be submitted online via the corresponding general call
Documents required for the application: Interested candidates must fill the online form and therby must submit the following:
– A cover letter with declaration of research interests,
– A CV, including contact details,
– Scanned copies of the complete (Bachelor and Master degrees) academic transcripts (in English or Spanish)
– Scanned copies of the degree certificates, if available at the time of application,
– The contact details of (at least) two potential referees.
-Scanned copy of GRE, TOEFL, etc. ( if available,) These documents are optional, but certainly helpful during evaluation.
Note: The candidates are required to ask their referees to send reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline.
For any quarries: Candidates may contact ICFO Human Resources and Education using email@example.com.
|Organization||Universitat Politenica de Catalunya;
The Institute of Photonic Sciences
|Level||PhD Fellowship Program|
|Subject areas||Biotechnology, Physics, Chemistry|
|Salary||As per Regulations|
|Eligibility||Masters with good grades in relavant disciplines|
|Deadline||25th of February, 2018|