International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) “From Molecules to Organisms” together with the participating laboratories invites online applications for fully-funded PhD positions.
Starting date: beginning of September 2019; earlier start (July/August) is possible if the PhD advisor is in agreement.
- All PhD positions are fully funded
- at least 1200€ per month
- There are no tuition fees
- Enrolment (matriculation) at the University of Tübingen is optional and costs approximately 150 €/semester.
- Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology
- Friedrich Miescher Laboratory
- University of Tübingen
- Biochemistry and structural biology
- Bioinformatics and computational biology
- Molecular and cellular biology
- Developmental biology and genetics
- Genomics and proteomics
- Microbiome science
- Evolutionary biology and ecology
- Applicants must hold, or expected to hold, a degree in natural or computer science from a Masters, Diplom or equivalent program.
- Applicant’s current skills and knowledge must match well to the proposed area of doctoral research.
- Applicant must have finished all degree work by September 1, 2018.
- In rare cases, exceptionally talented students holding only a Bachelor’s degree may be admitted to the IMPRS. In that case, applicant must hold a 4-years honors degree, have excellent grades and possess extensive and relevant research experience; additional study requirements – to be fulfilled during the first year of IMPRS participation – may be assigned.
- If applicant has obtained degree(s) OUTSIDE the European Higher Education Area then the application must include scores from the GRE General Test.
- Apply Online
- A four-day interview and discussion period will be held during April 16-19, 2018.
- Successful applicants will receive their invitation within 4 weeks of the application deadline.
- Travel expenses are reimbursed and free accommodation provided.
- Assistance with visa and travel arrangements is available.
|Organization||International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS)|
|Subject areas||Natural Science, Computer Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15 February 2019|