The Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO) invites applications for Summer Fellows 2017. ICFO will host its summer research fellowship program, providing a unique opportunity to undergraduate students to engage for approximately 12 weeks of full-time research in the research topics active at ICFO under the supervision and mentorship of ICFO Group Leaders
About the programme:
- The Program aims to give students an early exposure to frontier science and research, and offer outstanding undergraduate students the chance to experience first-hand the excitement and challenges posed by research projects within the variety of the ICFO research fields.
- Fellows engage in a focused training program covering the basics and applications of the different research topics active at the institute.
- The ICFO Summer Fellows Program is supported by the Fundacio Cellex Barcelona, the Catedra Fundacio Catalunya-La Pedrera Ignacio Cirac a l’ ICFO, as well as the Severo Ochoa Centres of Excellence Program of the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness of Spain.
Duration: 3 months; between June and September 2017
Value: stipend of 2.000 euros (gross); travel expenses
- Applications are invited from outstanding students, within the last two years of their Master-equivalent or Engineering degree studies.
- The program is focused on students from Spanish Universities. No restrictions of citizenship or gender apply to the ICFO Summer Fellows program.
- Based on merit and potential, measured in terms of academic records and personal achievements.
- Proactive attitudes, participation in community activities, and capacity for team-work are also taken into account.
- Apply online. Prepare and submit the following documents (in English):
- Presentation letter describing: background, research areas or projects of particular interest at ICFO, and future career plans
- CV including complete contact details
- Scanned copy of academic transcripts
- Name and contact details of one potential referee.
- All applicants will be notified the results of the evaluation in their case by May 12, 2017, at the latest.
|Organization||ICFO – The Institute of Photonic Sciences|
|Subject areas||Physics, Engineering, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology|
|Fellowship amount||2.000 euros (gross); travel expenses|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 March, 2017|
For Further Details: Click
Apply for job
The Institute carries out frontier research and trains the next generation of scientists and technologists. ICFO actively collaborates with many leading research centers, universities, hospitals, and a range of private companies based locally and all over the world. ICFO currently hosts 20 research groups working in more than 50 different laboratories.
Available to them are a Nanophotonics Fabrication lab, Super-Resolution Light Microscopy & Nanoscopy Lab, an Advanced Engineering Lab and a range of other support facilities. All research groups and facilities are located in a dedicated 10.000 m2 -building situated in the Mediterranean Technology Park in the metropolitan area of Barcelona.
- Address Spain
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,132)
- Europe (833)
- United Kingdom (538)
- Germany (502)
- United States (473)
- Norway (245)
- Switzerland (240)
- Australia (231)
- Denmark (194)
- Sweden (191)
- Netherlands (167)
- Italy (144)
- Canada (98)
- France (98)
- Spain (96)
- Japan (82)
- Belgium (73)
- All Country (68)
- Finland (67)
- Austria (43)
- New Zealand (43)
- Singapore (40)
- China (40)
- Poland (36)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(128)
- JRF / SRF(4)
- Masters | PhD(55)
- Research Associate(336)
- Research Awards(285)
- Short cources(18)
- Short courses(34)
- Technical positions(366)
- Travel Grants(62)