Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR): JNCASR is inviting applications for admission to Integrated Ind-Ph.D/Ph.D/M.S programmes
- M Sc., B E, B Tech, B.Pharm/ M E, M Tech or MBBS
- With atleast 50% in their highest University examination,
- Qualified in the GATE /GPAT/ UGC -/ CSIR – NET-JRF/ ICMR – JRF / DBT-JRF/JEST / INSPIRE (Fellowship).
- The certificate of such examination should have the validity period for seeking admission to research program as on 1 August 2016.
- ME/M.Tech students are also required to qualify one of the exams mentioned above, however, exceptional candidates without these exams may also be considered.
B. Integrated Ph.D
- Minimum of 55% marks at the Bachelor’s level [(B.Sc/B.E/ B.Tech.)
- Candidates who are appearing for the final exam can also apply.
C M.S (Enggineering)/ M.S.(Research)
- M Sc., B E, B Tech, B.Pharm. M E, M Tech or MBBS.
- With at least 50% in their highest University examination,
- Qualified in GATE /GPAT/UGC -/ CSIR – NET-JRF / ICMR – JRF / DBT-JRF/JEST / INSPIRE(JRF).
The award certificate of the national level examination( see above), should have the validity period for pursuing admission to research programs as on 1 August 2016.
Interviews for admission of students in respective Units will be held as and when the vacancies are available.
Selection to the degree programs of JNCASR are highly subjected to
- Excellent academic background score or percentile or rank obtained in national fellowship exams and
- Performance in the interview.
|Organization||Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR)|
|Subject areas||Life sciences|
|Salary||As per UGC norms|
|Deadline||Varies (Tentatively in May every year)|
Apply for job
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) is a relatively young but already well-known multidisciplinary research institute. Our mandate is to pursue and promote world-class scientific research and training at the frontiers of science and engineering. The Centre was established in 1989 by the Department of Science and Technology of the Government of India, to mark the birth centenary of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. However, the bulk of our growth has been in the past decade.
Our small size (around 40 faculty members, spread over several disciplines) is an advantage: not segregated in far-flung labs, our chemists, physicists, biologists and engineers rub shoulders throughout the day. This fosters a spirit of interdisciplinary collaboration which is one of the hallmarks of JNCASR.
In addition to our young and dynamic faculty, we have over 150 bright and energetic graduate students and state-of-the art experimental, computational and infrastructural facilities. We are a “Deemed University”, granting Master’s and Ph.D. degrees.
Researchers at the Centre are divided into seven units: Chemistry and Physics of Materials, Engineering Mechanics, Evolutionary and Organismal Biology, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Theoretical Sciences, Educational Technology and Geodynamics. We also have two off-campus units at the Indian Institute of Science: the Chemical Biology and Condensed Matter Theory Units. Though it is of course difficult to quantify scientific performance, by all numerical indications (numbers of publications, citations, grants, patents filed, etc.), science at the Centre is flourishing. In the last few years, the Centre’s faculty members have published their research in some of the most prestigious scientific journals, including Nature, Nature Medicine, Science, Evolution, the Journal of the American Chemical Society, Angewandte Chemie, the Journal of Fluid Mechanics, and Physical Review Letters. The work of the Centre’s faculty is also being recognized by various awards.
- Address India