International PhD Program (IPP) at Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB) gives brilliant and passionate students the opportunity to carry out PhD research at the cutting edge of modern biology. Projects deal with key questions concerning to the overarching themes of Gene Regulation, Epigenetics and Genome Stability.
IPP (International PhD Program) is organized in collaboration with participating groups which are located at the:
- Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB)
- Johannes Gutenberg University (JGU)
- University Medical Centre (UMC)
- Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research (MPI-P)
- Online application via the Program’s webpage
- Few selected students will be invited to Mainz for many days of presentations, interviews and visits to the host labs.
- Strong communication skills in English are required (written & spoken)
- Master’s degree or equivalent with brilliant grades.
- Some experience in a lab or research environment will be added advantage.
- IPP calls for applications twice each year.
Training, Research and Funding:
- IPP is intended to train students in both the logical skills and the imaginative and critical thinking abilities.
- PhD study will take place in one of the lab of the participating groups.
- The group leader you will be working with will act as your adviser and provide guidance and supervision.
- Student will regularly meet with your Thesis Advisory Committee (TAC). TAC will consist of leading scientists who will support and counsel you on the development of your research project.
- IPP arrange courses on technical writing, project administration as well as presentation and management skills.
- IPP also hold an annual career day with presentations on various professions, an employer fair and workshops
- All PhD students with the institute receive liberal, fully funded fellowships.
|Organization||Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB)|
|Subject areas||Cell and Molecular Biology, Instrumentation, Genetics, Cytomerty, Genomics, Proteomics, Statistics, Bioinformatics|
|Eligibility||International students, Master’s|
|Deadlines||Winter call 2017/18 will open in early September.|
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,164)
- Europe (838)
- United Kingdom (550)
- Germany (538)
- United States (477)
- Australia (240)
- Switzerland (237)
- Norway (225)
- Denmark (205)
- Netherlands (150)
- Italy (142)
- Sweden (139)
- France (104)
- Canada (96)
- Japan (83)
- Spain (82)
- All Country (69)
- Belgium (66)
- Finland (63)
- China (43)
- New Zealand (42)
- Austria (40)
- Singapore (39)
- Czech Republic (31)
- South Africa (29)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(111)
- JRF / SRF(5)
- Masters | PhD(45)
- Research Associate(343)
- Research Awards(301)
- Short cources(19)
- Short courses(34)
- Summer School(3)
- Technical positions(374)
- Travel Grants(59)