The International PhD Programme “Literary and Cultural Studies” (IPP) at Justus Liebig University Giessen offers a 3-year structured Doctoral programme with an excellent research environment and intensive personal support. The languages of instruction are English and German.
Number of fellowships: up to 12 PhD memberships
Starting date: October 1, 2018
About the programme:
- clearly structured and research-oriented PhD programme of high academic standard
- curriculum is made to suit the needs of national and international postgraduate students and facilitates the completion of the PhD degree within 3 years
- English and American Studies
- German Studies
- Romance Studies
- Slavic Studies
- Comparative Literary Studies
- Theatre Studies
- Applicants must hold university degree in literary or cultural studies with a GPA well above average (international degrees must be equivalent to German ‘Diplom’, ‘Magister’, ‘Master’ or ‘Erstes Staatsexamen’ degrees).
- An international research perspective and/or international study experience are an advantage.
- academic qualifications, academic quality of the research proposal and the suitability of the project for the IPP’s research programme
Applicant must submit the following documents:
- Covering letter (motivation letter) mentioning two potential supervisors at JLU
- CV with a detailed description of academic profile
- Copies of all relevant school-leaving / university entrance certificates and university degree certificates (including transcripts of records)
- Copy of diploma/MA thesis
- 2 letters of reference
- Outline of the dissertation project of (max. 10 pages) as well as an indication of the time-frame envisaged for the completion of the project
- All applications have to be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com
- Applicants must send all application documents as one pdf-file, titled <last name>_Application, IPP, 2018, (no larger than 2MB) and attach diploma/MA thesis as a separate pdf-file, titled <last name>_thesis.
- Covering letters to be addressed to the academic director of the IPP:
|Organization||Justus Liebig University Giessen|
|Subject areas||literary or cultural studies|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||February 1, 2018|