The International Travel Support (ITS) scheme is to provide financial assistance for presenting an original research paper or chairing a session or delivering a keynote address in an international scientific event (conference/seminar/symposium) held abroad.
The scheme also provides support to young researchers (Age<35 years on the date of start of event) for attending workshop, short term training programs and schools being organized outside India.
Conditions of Eligibility:
- Applicant should be an active Indian researcher engaged in R&D work in recognised academic institutions / research laboratories in India.
- The applicant should have an invitation for presenting an original scientific paper. Similar invitation is required in the case of young scientists attending training programmes such as short term courses, summer/winter schools, workshop etc.
- The applicant should not have availed financial assistance under this Scheme during the last three years.
- The scientific event should be of an international character. Invitation of personal nature such as for carrying out post-doctoral work, informal training programmes/courses, internship, observer-ship etc. will not be eligible for support.
Required documents for ITS:
- An endorsement letter duly signed and stamped by competent authority of the institute.
- A copy of letter of acceptance of the presenting paper (oral/poster) by the organizers.
- A copy of the abstract of the paper to be presented. Please be sure to include name of all the authors, authors’ affiliated institutions with full address and title of the abstract.
- Biodata with complete list of Scientific / Technical publications and Patents, if any.
Nature of the Support:
- This scheme provides to & fro economic class air fare by the shortest route, airport tax and visa fees for attending the specific event. Registration fees is also provided to young scientists (Age<35 on the date of start of event) in addition to the above support.
- The support is provided on reimbursement basis as per actual expenditure incurred by the applicant within the guidelines of the scheme.
- However, Taxi fare will not be reimbursed.
- The researchers are required to apply online through the portal 60-90 days in advance prior to the start date of the event.
- The system will not accept early or late submission of applications.
- Application submitted through any other mode will not be considered.
- Apply at the link given below
One of the most notable developments in the S&T sector in the XI Plan has been the setting up of the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) through an Act of Parliament, viz. the Science and Engineering Research Board Act, 2008. Promoting basic research in Science and Engineering and to provide financial assistance to persons engaged in such research, academic institutions, research and development laboratories, industrial concerns and other agencies for such research and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto are the primary and distinctive mandate of the Board.
Schemes & Programs
- Extra Mural Research Funding (Individual Centric)
- High Risk High Reward Research (HRHR)
- Industry Relevant R & D (IRRD)
- Empowerment and Equity Opportunities for Excellence in science (EMEQ)
- Intensification of Research in High Priority Area (IRHPA)
- Ayurvedic Biology Program
- International Travel Support (ITS)
- Assistance to Professional Bodies & Seminars/Symposia
- Start-up grant for Young Scientists(YSS)
- Address India
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,092)
- Europe (781)
- United Kingdom (508)
- Germany (484)
- United States (444)
- Norway (234)
- Switzerland (226)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (156)
- Italy (142)
- Canada (95)
- France (94)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (63)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships