Invitation Fellowships for Research offered by Japan Society for the Promotion of Science. It undertake programs that provide foreign researchers who have an brilliant record of research achievements with an opportunity to pursue collaborative research, discussions, and opinion exchanges with researchers in Japan. This program is intended to help progress the foreign researcher’s research activities while promoting science and internationalization in Japan.
CATEGORIES: Invitation fellowship has 3 categories:
- Long term (L): To call overseas researchers with outstanding records of research achievements to associate with Japanese colleagues in pursuing research through long term visits.
- Short term (S): To call overseas researchers with outstanding records of research achievements for short term visits to Japan and provide them chance for discussions, 2 opinion exchanges, lectures and various other activities related to research.
- Short term S (E): To call overseas researchers with exemplary records of research to Japan for purposes corresponding to those records, and to provide them opportunities to offer advice and cooperate in research activities throughout the host institution and also to give lectures or take other activities at other Japanese research institutions.
Subject areas of Research: Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences
- Scholars holding full time position in an overseas research institution and satisfy the requirements below
- Be a legal citizen or a permanent resident of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- Researchers of Japanese background residing overseas must have lived in the other country for at least 10 years and been actively involved in research in that country throughout the period.
- Researchers (not Japanese national) in a position equivalent to a university professor, associate prof or asst prof in Japan as of 1 April 2017.
- Overseas researchers who do not have above discussed criteria but earned their PhD degree six years or more prior of 1 April 2017 and are engaged in research in a university or non profit research institution.
- Researchers who are Nobel laureates or recipients of similarly high-level international awards with exceptionally brilliant records of achievements and who currently occupy a leading position in their subject field.
Duration of Invitation Fellowships
- Long-term (L): 2 to 10 months 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018
- Short-term (S): 14 to 60; 1st Recruitment: 1 April 2017 to 31 March ; 2nd Recruitment: 1 October 2017 31 March 2018
- Short-term S (E): 7 to 30 days; Recruitment: 1 April 2017 to 31 March; 2nd Recruitment: 1 October 2017 31 March 2018
For Further Details: Click
Apply for job
Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) conducts research programs for international candidates to carry out studies at Japanese institutions.
- International Collaborations
- Promoting International Joint Research
- Bilateral Collaborations (Joint Research Projects and Seminars)
- Researcher Exchanges
- Australia-Japan Emerging Research Leaders Exchange Program (ERLEP) (Japanese Only)
- Japanese-German Graduate Externship – International Research Training Groups –
- International Joint Research Program
- A3 Foresight Program
- Core-to-Core Program (Newly-Revised)
- Core-to-Core Program (Old)
- Asian Core Program
- Forming International Research-Support Networks
- Global Research Council (GRC)
- Asian Heads of Research Councils (ASIAHORCs)
- JSPS Alumni Association
- Japan-Affiliated Research Community Network (JARC-Net)
- JSPS Researchers Network (JSPS-Net)
- Providing International Training Opportunities for Young Researchers
- HOPE Meetings
- Nobel Prize Dialogue
- Frontiers of Science (FoS) Symposium
- Travel Grant for Attending Lindau Meetings
- Academic Workshops and Seminars for Young Researchers
- Inviting Excellent Researchers from other countries to Japan
- JSPS International Fellowships for Research in Japan
- Postdoctoral Fellowships for Research in Japan
- Invitational Fellowships for Research in Japan
- RONPAKU (Dissertation PhD) Program
- JSPS Fellows Plaza
- Address Japan