Italian government, Ministry for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation awards scholarships for students studying in Italy both to International citizens and to Italian citizens living abroad (IRE) for the Academic Year 2017-2018. The focus of these scholarships is to nurture international cultural cooperation, spread the knowledge of the Italian language, culture and science, as well as promote the Italian economic and technological system throughout the world.
Scholarships are offered to pursue study, training and research projects in Italian Higher Education Institutes (State-owned institutions or institutions legally recognized by the relevant State authorities).
Eligible Courses for Scholarships:
- Second-level University courses (five-year degree/Master of Science)
- Master’s Degree courses (First and Second Level)
- PhD Courses
- Specialisation Schools
- Research under academic supervision
- Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music and Dance (AFAM); Scuola Internazionale di Liuteria di Cremona; Scuola di Alta Formazione e Studio (SAF) of the Istituto Superiore per la Conservazione ed il Restauro (ISCR); Scuola Nazionale di Cinema
- Courses of Italian language and culture
- Training/refresher courses for Teachers of Italian language
- International students or IREs may apply if they have the academic qualifications required for enrolling in the institution chosen.
- Age limits: between 18 and 36 years candidates may apply.
- Language skills and proficiency: submit a certificate showing knowledge and proficiency in the Italian language, starting from the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The knowledge of the Italian language is not required for enrolling in the university courses fully provided in English.
How to apply:
- Apply Online
|Organization||Government of Italy|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open to International IREs|
|Deadline||May 10, 2017|