Training Program and Advanced Schools by Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) ).
Training Program/ Advanced Schools: the aim of this program is to enhance scientific knowledge and awareness through a devised educational course conducted through practical classes by integrating a mix of faculties and trainees from both the countries.
The proposal should be designed around a theme of common interest that has a high potential for generating follow-up activities.
| Eligibility Conditions
Researchers / Faculty/ scientists/ from working at Indian and American institutions, working in the areas of science and technology disciplines, can Apply.
|1. The proposals are peer-reviewed both in India and US.
2. The program considers encouraging new groups as well as new topics,
3. Background of Indian and US workshop coordinators as well as proposed speakers,
4. Perceived advantage for both Indian and US sides,
5. Potential for developing mutually advantageous collaboration
6. The process is highly-competitive and support is provided only to a limited number of workshops due to availability of limited funds.
|Type and Extent of Funding
1. Partial funding towards the following expenditure related to the event
|a. International and Domestic
b. Visa fees
c. Accommodation (In a decent hotel/ guest house for the actual event duration plus one extra night)
d. Other event costs
1. Proposal should be submitted only in the prescribed format
2. Proposal should not be more than 16 pages maximum including their CVs.
3. Proposal to be submitted jointly by both Indian and US Workshop/ training program Coordinators as a single word document to:
Dr. Nishritha Bopana
|Submission Deadlines||(Twice a year)|
|31 August||31 July|
The Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF), established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in March 2000, is an autonomous, not for profit society that promotes and catalyzes Indo-US bilateral collaborations in science, technology, engineering and biomedical research through substantive interaction among government, academia and industry. As a grant making organization, the principle objective of IUSSTF is to provide opportunities, to exchange ideas, information, skills and technologies, and to collaborate on scientific and technological endeavor of mutual interest that can translate the power of science for the benefit of mankind at large.
- Address United States