Dr. D. S. Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship (DSKPDF) Scheme was introduced by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in year 2007 on the recommendation of the Empowered Committee (EC)
- Candidates below the age of 35 year
- D. degreeor submitted their Ph.D. thesis.
- Candidates should identify Mentor / Supervisor for their postdoc Research work and must obtain consent for the guidance.
- After selection, the candidates holding Ph.D. degree will be directly awarded the PDF award.
- Those who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis will be awarded the ‘bridging, until they are formally awarded the Ph.D. degree.
Duration: The maximum duration would be three years. The fellowships will be awarded on yearly basis with a renewal/termination clause on the basis of PDF mentor/peer group appraisal.
The monthly stipend for these awards would be as follows
- Bridging fellowship: Rs. 34,100/-
- Normal fellowship: Rs. 43,400/-, Rs. 45,000/- and Rs. 46,500/- respectively for three years
- Higher fellowship: Rs. 46,500/-
- The Fellow is provided with a contingency grant of Rs. 1,00,000 p.a
Application process (How to Apply)
- The selection process will be open all the year round in ‘…as and when…’ mode and not restricted by any specified deadlines.
- Applications should be uploaded electronically on forms that can be found on the indicated website.
- There would be up to 300 to 400 such awards every year, (with a max. 1000 at its peak).
- Register and Login ID
- Enter some basic information about yourself and about your Degree.
- Upload your actual application form and documents by using the above Login ID and Password.
- Fill-in all the columns and attach the summary Ph.D. work,
- A summary of the proposed research work and
- Mentor’s CV in specified format
Application deadlines: Applications are accepted throughout the year.
|Organization||Kothari Postdoc Fellowships|
|Subject areas||Sciences and Engineering|
|Salary||As per UGC norms|
|Eligibility||PhD holders of Indian nationality|
|Deadline||Accepted throughout the year: No specific deadlines|
Apply for job
University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi, India: UGC governs the central and state universities of India along with various research labs and centers. It is the major funding agency by the government of India.
Scholarship/Fellowship by UGC University Grants Commission:
1. Emeritus Fellowship
2. Dr. S. Radharkrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship In Humanities And Social Sciences
3. Post Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates
4. Post Doctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Candidates
5. Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship for Research in Social Sciences
6. Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC Candidate
7. National Fellowship for Higher Education of ST Students
8. National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities
9. Maulana Azad National Fellowship For Minority Students
10. National Fellowship for OBC Candidate
11. Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
12. Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holder
13. Post Graduate Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST Candidates
14. “Ishan Uday” for North Eastern Region
15. Research Awards for the Teachers
16. Raman Fellowship for Post Doctoral Research for Indian Scholars in USA
17. Major Research Project (MRP)
18. Special Assitance Programme (SAP)
19. Minor Research Project For UGC Regional Office
- Address India
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,160)
- Europe (834)
- United Kingdom (549)
- Germany (535)
- United States (477)
- Australia (240)
- Switzerland (237)
- Norway (225)
- Denmark (205)
- Netherlands (149)
- Italy (142)
- Sweden (139)
- France (104)
- Canada (96)
- Japan (83)
- Spain (82)
- All Country (69)
- Belgium (66)
- Finland (63)
- China (43)
- New Zealand (42)
- Austria (40)
- Singapore (39)
- Czech Republic (31)
- South Africa (29)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(111)
- JRF / SRF(5)
- Masters | PhD(45)
- Research Associate(342)
- Research Awards(301)
- Short cources(19)
- Short courses(34)
- Summer School(2)
- Technical positions(374)
- Travel Grants(59)