The Mickey Leland Energy Fellowship (MLEF) Program provides graduates with an opportunity to improve and develop research skills with the Department of Energy’s Office of Fossil Energy for 10 weeks over the summer. The aim of the program is to provide opportunities for women and minority students in STEM fields, however all eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.
Recipient will get training under the guidance of program officials and scientists on focused research projects consistent with the mission of the Office of Fossil Energy.
Duration: 10 weeks
- Undergraduate students receive stipend of $600/week
- Master’s students receive stipend of $750/week
- D. students or graduates receive stipend $850/week
- Some participates may be eligible to receive a housing and travel allowance.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age at time of application
- Applicant must be a U.S. national
- Applicant must have obtained cumulative min. GPA of 3.0
- Applicant must be currently enrolled/registered full-time in a STEM degree program at an accredited college or university (sophomore year or higher) on or after January 1, 2016 (Bachelor’s degree , Master’s degree , or Doctoral degree)
- Applicant must be available to take part in the full 10-week program
- Earth and Geosciences
- Life Health and Medical Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Other Physical Sciences
- Computer Sciences
- Environmental and Marine Sciences
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Science Writing
How to Apply
- Submit online application
- Upload unofficial transcripts
- Contact details for two individuals who can provide with a reference.
- Documents must be uploaded in PDF format.
|Organization||US Department of Energy|
|Fellowship Level||Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral|
Physics, Earth and Geosciences, Engineering, Life Health and Medical Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics, Other Physical Sciences, Computer Sciences, Environmental and Marine Sciences, Nanotechnology, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Science Writing
|Fellowship amount||Varies according to qualification|
|Eligibility||Open to US nationals only|
|Deadline||December 30, 2016|
For Further Details: Click