MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology (LMB) is one of the foremost research lab of modern molecular biology and it continues to be a prolific source of new ideas, discoveries and inventions.
Number of places: LMB International PhD Programme gives 20-30 new graduate students from the UK and all over the world the opportunity to do cutting-edge research.
- Applications are invited from highly qualified students of all nationalities.
- Applicant must hold at least a 2i honours degree or an equivalent standard from an overseas university (CGPA 3.5/4.0) in a relevant subject.
- Applicant must arrange 2 outstanding academic references. One reference preferably from senior university staff and one from a senior scientist who has guided the applicant’s practical research.
- Applicant must be fluent in the English language.
- Recent IELTS test score of at least 7.0 with not less than 7.0 in speaking, listening and writing, and 6.5 in reading.
- All non-UK citizens will be asked to upload a language certificate as a supporting document as part of the application process.
How to Apply:
- Apply to the LMB PhD programme via the University of Cambridge Applicant Portal.
Important dates for applicants:
- 2nd September 2019: Applications open
- 9th October 2019: US Gates Scholarship applications close
- 3rd December 2019: General applications (UK, EU and overseas applicants) close
- 3rd December 2019: Deadline for receipt of supporting documents and references (for general applications)
- Week commencing 9th December 2019: Interview shortlisting
- Week commencing 16th December 2019: Shortlisted candidates invited to interview
- 23rd December 2019 – 3rd January 2020: LMB Postgraduate Office Christmas closure
- 13th – 17th January 2020: LMB Recruitment Days
- 10th February 2020: Successful applicants notified
|Organization||MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology|
|Subject areas||Life Sciences, Biology, Cell and Molecular biology|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||3 December 2019|