Centre for Nano and Material Sciences (CNMS) Jain University is offering Master of Science in Chemistry (MSc Chemistry) 2 years (4 semesters) degree programme. This MSc Chemistry programme aims to provide a high quality education in Chemistry. The course is designed to develop academic talent leading to challenging and rewarding professional life. The MSc programme is designed to provide an interdisciplinary and an applied platform to develop their professional life.
Though the core branches of chemistry (MSc Chemistry) such as Organic, Inorganic and Physical are the main focus of the course, other emerging topics, such as Nanotechnology, Environmental Chemistry, Green Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Bio-analytical Chemistry, and other interface branches are also added to expose students to new and exciting trends in present day research along with thorough fundamental knowledge of Chemistry.
MSc Chemistry Key feature
- Scholarships are available for the meritorious students
- As a part of the mandatory six months research project, you will be joining an active research community with an access to the very useful & advanced facilities hosted by CNMS.
- Center also maintains close collaboration with a number of renowned research Institutions such as IIT’s, IISc, CSIR labs and foreign Universities for facilitation of PG research projects
- Advanced training to handle modern sophisticated instruments such as FESEM, BET, FTIR, GC, XRD, etc.
- Chance to interact and attend “The Invited talks of the eminent scientists” from national / international Universities / research organizations
- Successful completion of this programme in Chemistry ideally prepares one for a career in scientific laboratories, industries, research institutions or any other public bodies
- In addition, this programme provides an excellent foundation for students wishing to undertake subsequent doctoral research work & competitive exams such as NET, GATE, etc.
- Candidates who excel have the opportunity of being selected for a funded research fellowship leading to a Ph.D. degree.
- The minimum qualification is bachelor´s degree from a recognized University / Institution having Chemistry as major subject. Those who are due to appear in qualifying examination can also apply.
- Admissions to MSc–Chemistry at Center for Nano and Material Sciences, Jain University is purely merit based and is subject to availability of seats. Any change in admission guidelines will be notified on the website from time to time.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online
The application form can be filled online on payment. Upon filling the form, an application number will be generated. A print copy of the filled application form along with the application number should be maintained for all future correspondence.
Centre for Nano and Material Sciences
Jain University, Jain Global Campus
45th km, NH – 209, Jakkasandra Post
Bangalore – Kanakapura Main Road
Ramanagara District – 562 112
P: +91 9620456650
Jain University is an educational hub that attracts students from more than 25 countries to one of the world’s greatest cities and the silicon valley of India – Bangalore. Jain University lights the dreams and visions of every aspiring students to exceed expectations in the fields of their interest and grooms them to be professionally and an ethically sound individuals.
Jain University has many number of reasons for being one of the top universities in India and to prove it all, it advances in sports, empowers creative talents, emphasizes on nation-building education, incubates entrepreneurship, and facilitates employment generation. Apart from this, Jain University has high encouragement in the field of research and also has established a lot of research centers.
Jain University believes in promoting interdisciplinary research programs. Jain University has collaborations with national/international research institutions of excellence for execution of research projects. Most of these are interdisciplinary in nature. Jain University also has multidisciplinary research projects. Enlisted below are the collaborations of the University.
- Address India
- Two JRF Position in Chemistry: Centre for Nano and Material Sciences (CNMS)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate in Catalysis, Organic Chemistry
- Metal Boryl Complexes and Reactivity: Project Assistant (JRF)
- 06 Assistant Professor: CNMS, Jain University
- Postdoctoral Position in Chemistry CNMS Jain University India