National Institute of Plant Genome Research (NIPGR) invites applications from candidates who have completed or will be completing Master’s or equivalent degree (by August 31, 2017) in Life Sciences and/or in related disciplines with minimum 55% marks, and have cleared the CSIR-UGC NET exam/DBT-JRF (selected through BET/BINC)/ICMR NET exam for JRF (with a Junior Research Fellowship valid at-least upto December 31, 2017), for conducting advanced research in the frontier areas.
- Plant Biology
- Computational Biology
- Genome Analysis
- Molecular Mapping
- Molecular Mechanism of Abiotic Stress Responses
- Nutritional Genomics
- Plant Development and Architecture
- Plant Immunity
- Transgenics for Crop improvement
- Molecular Breeding
The selected scholars will be enrolled for PhD program in academic affiliation with the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. NIPGR will provide hostel accommodation to selected candidates (subject to availability).
- Applications to be filled online (in the prescribed format) and printout is to taken of the same and send it by Speed Post/Registered Post to the address given below along with requisite documents and application fee in the form of Demand Draft (300/- ) so as to reach on or before May 25, 2017 (Thursday) by 05.30 p.m..
- The application fee is not refundable.
- Each page of the downloaded printed application should be signed by the candidate.
- Printed online application must be accompanied by self-attested copies of certificates and mark sheets, along with Fellowship (proof) Award Letter/Admit Card.
- 2 passport size recent coloured photographs; one of the photographs to be signed by the candidate and pasted on the application form, while the other should be enclosed.
- NIPGR will not provide any travel expenses to candidates appearing for interview.
- Start date: April 18, 2017 (Tuesday) from 10.00 a.m. onwards
- Last date for submission of online Application Form: May 22, 2017 (Monday)
- Last date of receipt of Printed copy of application: May 25, 2017 (Thursday)
|Organization||National Institute of Plant Genome Research (NIPGR)|
|Subject areas||Life Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||As per norms|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||May 22, 2017|
Genomics research is providing bridges between different branches of natural sciences and as a result it has seen logarithmic growth over last two decades. All biology research has been permeated by genomics and new ways of tailoring crops for the economic production of grains, vegetables, fruits, fibers, beverages, herbal medicines, pharmaceuticals and industrial molecules are emerging. The world is on the eve of bountiful harvests for mitigation of hunger and malnutrition and heralding of healthy living. NIPGR aims to contribute in the achievement of such hopes arising out of the current pace of genomics research.
- Address India
PhD All Country, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Open for all countries, Poland, Portugal, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States