The Niels Henrik Abel Board and the International Mathematical Union invite applications from mathematicians professionally based in developing countries to visit an international research collaborator for a period of one month.
The program is designed for Postdoctoral mathematicians in the early stages of their professional careers. It is meant to offer the opportunity for a ‘research sabbatical’ a necessary complement to teaching and other academic duties for mathematicians desiring to also sustain a viable research program.
- Applicants must hold at the time of application Doctorate in Mathematics
- Applicants must be based in a developing country at the time of application
- Applicants must hold a position in a university/ research institution
- Applicants must be in the early stages of their professional careers
- Applicant must be under 40 years of age on the application deadline.
- CV including a list of recent publications
- Research plan for the visit
- An official invitation from the institution of the international research partner
- Letter of recommendation (01)
- Copy of the PhD certificate
- A statement about the current employment status/ position in the home institution signed and stamped by your employer. The statement should include the duration of applicants employment
- Budget plan
Niels Henrik Abel Board visiting scholar program applications are evaluated every four month and award fellowships. Following are deadlines to apply:
- April 1, 2019 for research visits between September 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019
- August 31, 2019 is for visits during January 1 – April 30, 2020
- December 31, 2019 is for visits during May 1 – August 31, 2020
|Organization||Niels Henrik Abel Board & International Mathematical Union|
|Fellowship amount||USD 5,000|
|Eligibility||Open for developing nations|
|Deadline||approaching deadline August 31, 2019|