PhD Research Fellowship in Materials Chemistry at the Department of Chemistry / Centre for Materials Science and Nanotechnology (SMN).
Duration: The fellowship is for a period of three years.
About the Center: The Centre for Materials Science and Nanotechnology (SMN) is an interdisciplinary focus field for material & energy research at University of Oslo.
The project deals with 2D materials beyond grapheme. The objective is to establish fundamental relationships between the functional properties and composition, structure, and to defect chemistry of novel inorganic supported 2D thin films. The project comprises film deposition and characterization of inorganic films, with focus on electrical and electrochemical properties, supported by various computational techniques.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in chemistry / materials science / nanotechnology / physical / inorganic chemistry / solid-state electrochemistry, or thesis must be submitted and a degree under final evaluation.
- Background and experience in synthesis and characterization of materials, films, and interfaces are considered advantageous.
- Good teamwork, communication, and innovation skills.
- A good command of English is required.
Note: The fellowships is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree.
Position code 1017,
Salary: NOK 432 700 – 489 300 per year, ( pay grade 50 – 57) depending on qualifications and seniority.
How to Apply:
The application must include:
- Application letter
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- Documentation of English proficiency
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail & telephone number)
- Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system.
- Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
- Do not send applications to individuals mentioned below, but only via the online form (See the link below)
Prof. Truls Norby, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
HR-officer Nina Holtan for questions regarding the recruitment system, tel. +47-2284424, e-mail email@example.com
|Organization||University of Oslo|
|Subject areas||Chemistry / Nanotechnology|
|Fellowship amount||As per Uni. Norms|
|Deadline||16th May 2017|
The University of Oslo was founded in 1811 as the first in Norway.
Located mainly on Blindern Campus in the northern part of Oslo, UiO has eight faculties:
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Theology
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Education Sciences
The capital university is also home to the Viking Ship Museum, the Historical Museum and the Natural History Museum, a Main Library with 3.6 million holdings and a wide range of associated units and centres.
The University of Oslo has an operating annual budget of NOK 6.6 billion, and most of its funding comes from the Norwegian Government.
As a classical university with a broad range of academic disciplines, UiO has top research communities in most areas. Moreover, UiO currently has 8 National Centres of Excellence and a strategic focus on interdisciplinary research in the field of energy and life sciences in particular. As a broadly based, non-profit research university, UiO has access to good public funding schemes. Lab and office facilities, libraries and technical support are at the high end.
UiO offers more than 800 courses in English at all levels, around 40 Master’s degree programmes taught entirely in English and several PhD programmes. UiO focuses on research-based education and attracts highly qualified students from all over the country.
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,162)
- Europe (833)
- United Kingdom (549)
- Germany (534)
- United States (477)
- Australia (240)
- Switzerland (237)
- Norway (224)
- Denmark (205)
- Netherlands (149)
- Italy (142)
- Sweden (139)
- France (104)
- Canada (96)
- Japan (83)
- Spain (82)
- All Country (69)
- Belgium (66)
- Finland (63)
- China (43)
- New Zealand (42)
- Austria (40)
- Singapore (39)
- Czech Republic (30)
- South Africa (29)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(111)
- JRF / SRF(5)
- Masters | PhD(45)
- Research Associate(342)
- Research Awards(301)
- Short cources(19)
- Short courses(34)
- Summer School(2)
- Technical positions(374)
- Travel Grants(59)