Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise: Applications are accepting from talented and creative early-career applicants who will conduct high-quality and impactful research, participate in seeking extramural funding related to their research, write jointly-authored and peer reviewed articles, and contribute content for a broad array of audiences under the Erb Institute’s thought leadership banner.
We are seeking post-doctoral fellows who will conduct work in at least one of the following four areas:
- Consumer behavior and conscious consumption;
- Global change; and/or
- Corporate governance
- Community and human development;
Applicants must be at the beginning of their academic careers, having received their PhD or comparable degree between September 1, 2014, and August 31, 2017. People holding current academic positions at a rank above postdoctoral fellow are not eligible to apply. Fellowships are open to U.S. and non-U.S. citizens.
How to Apply
To apply, candidates must submit in a single, collated PDF document :
- A brief cover letter (maximum 2 pages), which provides a summary of the candidates PhD research and career goals, and outlines how an Erb Institute post-doctoral fellowship will advance their career in sustainability research.
- For applicants who are currently doctoral candidates, please indicate the anticipated schedule of completion. A PhD or comparable degree is a prerequisite for this appointment;
- A proposal (maximum 5 pages) outlining the research the applicant wishes to develop or conduct while in residence; the proposal must both address challenges or opportunities at the business-sustainability nexus and align with one or more of the Erb Institute’s four priority areas outlined above. Please keep in mind that proposals will be read by specialists as well as non-specialists in a given field or discipline.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae. As an addendum, applicants are asked to provide a list of courses taken while a graduate student (a transcript is not required); and
- Two short (manuscript-length) examples of your written work. One of these examples should reflect applicants’ dissertation research; however, applicants are asked to not send a copy of their dissertation.
- Separate from these application materials, applicants must arrange to have 3 letters of recommendation sent to the selection committee care of the email address below. Recommendation letters must be from individuals qualified to write about the applicant’s aptitude for the position. Without exceptions, letters of recommendation must also be received by the deadline.
Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
|Organization||Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise|
|Fellowship Level||Masters, PhD, Postdoctoral|
|Fellowship amount||As per the level applied for|
|Eligibility||As per the level applied for|
For more information about the Frederick A. and Barbara M. Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise, please visit: http://www.erb.umich.edu