Kavli IPMU invites excellent applicants for a staff scientist position for the Belle II experiment. The successful applicant will carry out research and development of the silicon vertex detector for Belle II and to assemble ladders to be installed to the Belle II detector. The term of the post will be from June 1st, 2017 (or later) through May 31st, 2018.
The successful applicant will be salaried based on the calculation per the laws of the University of Tokyo. Day and time of duty are five days per week (from Monday through Friday) and from 9:00 to 17:30 with 45 minutes break from 12:00, respectively, while they are subject to change depending on the progress of the research.
Applicants must to satisfy the following criteria.
- Hold an MD and/or PhD (or equivalent degrees to them) with expertise in particle physics and/or nuclear physics experiment.
- Have experience in particle physics and/or nuclear physics experiment with the participation in the experiment project.
- Be experienced in the development, assembly, and qualification of a semiconductor detector.
- Have a good skill in communication in English.
Applications should include the following documents prepared either in English or Japanese and should be sent by post to the address below. All the documents must arrive no later than January 31st, 2017.
- Curriculum vitae completed in one of the following formats
Append English language skill certificate if exists.
- Research plan
- Summary of research accomplishments with the explicit correspondence to the listed criteria above
The pre-selected applicants by the application documents will be asked to receive a job interview.
Applications should be addressed to:
Send application documents enclosed in an envelope and clearly labeled in red color “Application for staff scientist position (Belle II)” on the front. The documents should be sent by registered mail.
The Kavli IPMU,
The University of Tokyo,
5-1-5 Kashiwa-no-ha, Kashiwa,
If you have any questions, please contact Takeo Higuchi at email@example.com.