Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) offers International Short Visits which is dedicated at researchers in Switzerland who wants to go abroad for a short period or researchers abroad who wish to associate with researchers in Switzerland. During the visit, they pursue a small joint research project. There are no geographical and topical restrictions.
Duration: Short visits may last from 1-3 months.
- Travel (one round trip); living expenses
- For Swiss researchers going outside the country, the money will be directly transferred to the visiting fellow.
- For researchers coming from abroad to Switzerland, the money will be transferred to the host institution.
- The transfer of funds to the guest is carried out in accordance with the financial regulations of the host institution.
The guest needs to fulfill the following requirements:
- Applicant must hold PhD degree or a comparable degree.
- Applicant must be employed as a researcher in their home institution
- Applicant must establish or renew cooperation between home and guest institution as a result of the visit.
- Applicant must not have received a grant under this scheme within the last three years; certain restrictions may still apply after the three-year period.
The host needs to meet the following requirements:
- Host must have the permission of the HOD
- Host has to be employed as a scientist in the division
- Host has to provide a desk and other infrastructure to the guest
- Host must not have received a guest under this funding scheme within the last two years.
- Full research plan
- CV of the visiting fellow (max. 2 pages)
- Publication list of the visiting fellow (last 5 years)
- Letter of confirmation from the director of the host institution
- Copy of last academic degree (visiting fellow)
- Copy of passport and for foreigners living in Switzerland of the residence permit
|Organization||Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF)|
|Fellowship Level||Visiting fellowships|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||Living expenses; travel allowance|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
For Further Details: Click
Apply for job
Switzerland: Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF): Knowledge is the key to the future. In its mission statement, the SNSF describes how it aims to act in the best interests of researchers, political authorities, the general public and its own employees. It defines the ambitions and values informing its work.
Temporary ERC Backup Schemes
Sinergia – interdisciplinary, collaborative, breakthrough
Type Of Funding
Innovations in career funding
AP Energy Grants
- Address Switzerland
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,104)
- Europe (825)
- United Kingdom (547)
- Germany (512)
- United States (477)
- Norway (247)
- Switzerland (240)
- Australia (233)
- Denmark (197)
- Sweden (191)
- Netherlands (173)
- Italy (141)
- France (102)
- Canada (98)
- Spain (94)
- Japan (83)
- Belgium (76)
- All Country (68)
- Finland (68)
- New Zealand (45)
- China (42)
- Austria (41)
- Singapore (40)
- Poland (37)
- South Africa (30)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(118)
- JRF / SRF(4)
- Masters | PhD(56)
- Research Associate(330)
- Research Awards(291)
- Short cources(18)
- Short courses(34)
- Technical positions(361)
- Travel Grants(60)