TWAS- BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in BIOTEC and its affiliated research units. BIOTEC will provide a standard monthly allowance which must be used to cover living costs (accommodation and food). The language of instruction is English.
Duration: 12-24 months
- Agricultural Sciences
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
Age limit: 40 years
Sandwich option: not available
- Applicant must be citizens of a developing country (other than Thailand).
- Applicant must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent nationality in Thailand or any developed country.
- Applicant must hold doctoral degree in molecular biology/ molecular genetics/ microbiology/ biochemistry/ protein crystallography/ organic chemistry/ biotechnology/ bioinformatics or related disciplines.
- Applicant must apply for the fellowship within 3 years of receiving the doctorate degree in the fields of the natural sciences.
- Applicant must be regular employee at a research or teaching institution in their home country where they must hold a research assignment.
- Applicant must provide an official Acceptance Letter from BIOTEC
- Requests for acceptance must be directed to the BIOTEC Research Unit Coordination Division (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor.
- Applicant must provide proof of proficiency in English (if the medium of instruction was not English).
- Applicant must provide proof that they will return to their home country on completion of the fellowship.
- Applicant must not take up any other assignments during the period of fellowship
- Applicant must be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
- Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from to Centre Research Unit Coordination Division to TWAS and BIOTEC when applying or by the deadline at the latest.
- Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters must be on letter-heads, signed and sent as attachments via e-mail to TWAS and BIOTEC.
- The subject line must contain BIOTEC/PDoc and the candidate’s surname.
- Applicants for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send their application to TWAS and BIOTEC (by e-mail).
Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
Biotechnology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Microbiology
|Eligibility||Open for nationals of developing nations (except Thailand)|
|Deadline||15 September 2017|
TWAS Fellowships Office
BIOTEC Research Unit Coordination Division
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
For Further Details: Click
Apply for job
TWAS was founded in 1983 by a distinguished group of scientists from the developing world, under the leadership of Abdus Salam, the Pakistani physicist and Nobel laureate. They shared a belief that developing nations, by building strength in science and engineering, could build the knowledge and skill to address such challenges as hunger, disease and poverty. From the start, the Academy had essential support from Italian scientists and political leaders.
Through three decades, TWAS’s mission has remained consistent:
- Recognize, support and promote excellence in scientific research in the developing world;
- Respond to the needs of young scientists in countries that are lagging in science and technology;
- Promote South-South and South-North cooperation in science, technology and innovation;
- Encourage scientific research and sharing of experiences in solving major problems facing developing countries.
TWAS and its partners offer over 600 fellowships per year to scientists in the developing world who want to pursue PhDs and postdoctoral research. TWAS prizes and awards are among the most prestigious given for scientific work in the developing world. The Academy distributes more than USD1 million in research grants every year to individual scientists and research groups. It supports visiting scientists and provides funding for regional and international science meetings.
- Address Italy
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,104)
- Europe (825)
- United Kingdom (547)
- Germany (512)
- United States (477)
- Norway (247)
- Switzerland (240)
- Australia (233)
- Denmark (197)
- Sweden (191)
- Netherlands (173)
- Italy (141)
- France (102)
- Canada (98)
- Spain (94)
- Japan (83)
- Belgium (76)
- All Country (68)
- Finland (68)
- New Zealand (45)
- China (42)
- Austria (41)
- Singapore (40)
- Poland (37)
- South Africa (30)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(118)
- JRF / SRF(4)
- Masters | PhD(56)
- Research Associate(330)
- Research Awards(291)
- Short cources(18)
- Short courses(34)
- Technical positions(361)
- Travel Grants(60)