TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
For young researchers from developing countries (other than India) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in emerging fields in science and technology for which facilities are provided in laboratories and institutes of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) of India.
- TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowships are based in CSIR research laboratories and institutes in India for a least period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months.
- Eligible CSIR institutions: A list of eligible institutes of CSIR can be obtained here.
- CSIR will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance.
- The language of used for foreign scholars in CSIR laboratories/institutes is English.
Candidates applying for these fellowships must meet following criteria:
- Maximum age of the candidate considered is 45 years on 31 December of the application year.
- Candidate should be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
- Candidate must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
- Candidate must hold a PhD degree in a field of science or technology.
- Candidate will be accepted at a CSIR laboratory/institution and provide an official acceptance letter from host institution
- Candidate will provide proof of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- Candidate will provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of fellowship;
- Candidate should not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Candidate be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
01- Agricultural Sciences
02- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
03- Biological Systems and Organisms
04- Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
05- Chemical Sciences
06- Engineering Sciences
07- Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
08- Mathematical Sciences
How to Apply
The deadline for receipt of applications is 31 August of each year.
- Candidates should submit Acceptance Letter from a CSIR institution to CSIR and TWAS when applying or by deadline at the latest. Without initial acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachments via e-mail directly to TWAS and CSIR. The subject line must contain: CSIR/PDoc/candidate’s surname.
- Applications for the TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should be sent to both TWAS and CSIR (by email).
TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-314
Fax: +39 040 2240-689
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR)
Mr. Jaipal Singh, Senior Technical Officer
International S&T Affairs Directorate (ISTAD)
Anusandhan Bhavan – 2 Rafi Marg
New Delhi 110 001, India
Tel: +91 11 2331 6751
Fax: +91 11 2373 9041, 2371 0618
|Subject areas||Science and Technology|
|Deadline||31 August (Yearly)|
Further Infoprmation: CLICK
Apply for job
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) is a premier India R&D organisation. It is among the world’s largest publicly funded R&D organisation. CSIR’s pioneering sustained contribution to Science and Technology human resource development is acclaimed nationally. CSIR funds individuals and organizations through various grants, fellowship schemes throughout the year.
CSIR is contributing significantly towards producing an inquiring society and fast growing knowledge economy. The numerous schemes by CSIR cover a wide range of scientists (aging from 15 years to 65 years)
Some Major path-breaking schemes of CSIR:
- CSIR Program on Youth for Leadership in Science CPYLS **
- Junior Research Fellowship JRF
- JRF-GATE Fellowship
- Senior Research Fellowship SRF
- Research Associateship (RA)
- Senior Research Associateship (SRA) (Scientist’s Pool Scheme)
- Emeritus Scientist Terms & Condition Apply Online
- Visiting Associateship
- Research Scheme / Sponsored Research Schemes
- Travel Grant
- Grant for Holding Symposium/Seminar
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize (SSB)
- G N Ramachandran Gold Medal
- Young Scientist Awards (YSA)
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Fellowship (SPMF)
- CSIR-Nehru Science Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Scheme
- Programme on Technology Led Entrepreneurship
- Address India
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,104)
- Europe (825)
- United Kingdom (547)
- Germany (512)
- United States (477)
- Norway (247)
- Switzerland (240)
- Australia (233)
- Denmark (197)
- Sweden (191)
- Netherlands (173)
- Italy (141)
- France (102)
- Canada (98)
- Spain (94)
- Japan (83)
- Belgium (76)
- All Country (68)
- Finland (68)
- New Zealand (45)
- China (42)
- Austria (41)
- Singapore (40)
- Poland (37)
- South Africa (30)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(118)
- JRF / SRF(4)
- Masters | PhD(56)
- Research Associate(330)
- Research Awards(291)
- Short cources(18)
- Short courses(34)
- Technical positions(361)
- Travel Grants(60)