Victoria University’s Doctorate program provides scholars with the prospect to widen a systematic and critical understanding of a multifaceted field of learning and specialized research skills for the progression of learning and/or for specialized practice.
Victoria University’s students have skilled, expert cognitive, technical and research skills in their discipline area to independently and analytically: engage in significant reflection, synthesis and assessment develop research methodologies, promote new insight to peers, acquaintance and understanding to make a considerable contribution to a discipline.
Students can get admission to a PhD at VU by two ways: standard pathway PhD and PhD (Integrated).
Requirements for Doctorate program:
For standard PhD pathway
- Master’s by coursework degree, with minor thesis, with average grades (above 70% VU standards) OR
- Master’s by research or exceptional ability during partial completion of a research project in a Master’s by research degree OR
- Four year Bachelor’s degree with honours, with initial research training and a minor thesis (above 70% VU standard).
For Alternative pathway
- Applicants with Master’s degree undertaken completely by coursework, with average grades of at least H2A/Distinction (above 70% VU standard
- English language proficiency: overall score of not less than 6.5 in IELTS test with no individual band score below 6.0 or comparable in another university authorized English language assessment.
- Business and Management
- Creative Arts
- Education, Engineering
- Food Sciences and Technology
- Human Movement
- Information and Mathematical Sciences
- Medical and Biological Sciences, Nursing and Midwifery, Science
- Psychology, Society and Culture
- Sport and Recreation
Fee structure for International students:
Tuition fees for an international student pursuing a PhD degree in both pathways vary between programs dependent on the discipline but are generally in the range of A$11,000 to A$14,500/semester.
For scholarships visit
|Subject areas||All Disciplines|
|Eligibility||Master’s/ Open for International Students|