WISE– Working Internships in Science and Engineering program aims Indian students pursuing a degree in the fields of science and engineering who desire to do an internship at a German higher education institution or at a research institute.
Requirements & Eligibility:
- Indian Students from nominated Indian higher education institutions in the fields of engineering/mathematics/science (5th or 6th semester) Bachelor’s program or in their 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th semester of an integrated or dual degree program.
- Aggregate marks of 85 % or above or CGPA 8.5 on 10 scale or above of completed semesters at the time of application.
- Applicant should be enrolled student of his/her institution.
- Approval cum invitation letter from a German professor for the internship.
- Students who have been awarded a WISE scholarship previously cannot apply again.
- Language skills: German language skills are not compulsory.
- English language proficiency must be very good.
Duration of the funding
- 2 to 3 months in the period between May and July.
- Less than two months of internships will not be supported.
Note: The access to the DAAD portal opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline.
- monthly scholarship of 650 euros for undergraduate students
- lump sum travel aid of 550 euros
- payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance covered by DAAD
- Participation in a meeting of DAAD scholarship-holders in Germany
- online application form
- Certificate of Enrolment- DAAD form (filled in by home institution as proof of current enrolment)
- NOC- DAAD form (filled in and stamped by home institution)
- Invitation letter of German supervisor
- Approval Form by German Host- DAAD form (filled in by German supervisor)
- Recent reference from Indian university teacher
- University degree certificates indicating final grade(s)
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Regional Office New Delhi
c/o DLTA Complex, R.K. Khanna Stadium, 1 Africa Avenue,
New Delhi 110029
|Organization||German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open for Indian nationals|
For Further Details: Click
- Name of Organisation Field Value