The Women Entrepreneur Quest (WEQ) 2017 is a leading contest of Anita Borg Institute (ABI) India for women entrepreneurs, who are founders of startups in the technology sector. WEQ is a broad platform that provides networking, mentoring and learning opportunities to grow one’s business.
Value: all-expenses-paid experiential learning visit to Silicon Valley, US.
Number of places: 10
About the programme:
- WEQ 2017 is a competition designed to strengthen and build a dynamic and supportive ecosystem for women entrepreneurs in India.
- Objective is to encourage, promote and showcase technology start-ups, founded by women entrepreneurs thus complementing the Government of India’s program of National Policy for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- The applicant must be a woman.
- The applicant must be a founder/co-founder of an early stage technology startup.
- The startup must be an Indian operating and registered entity and must be under 7 years of operation as on 31st July 2017.
- The startup needs to be primarily driven by technology and can cover any sector of technology such as the Internet, Mobile, Clean Tech, Artificial Intelligence, IoT, Web-based applications, Cloud, IT Enabled Services, Agriculture, Energy, Education, Financial Inclusion, Healthcare Applications, Social Media and any impact making social sector.
- Winners of past WEQ contests are not eligible to apply.
How to apply:
- Apply online
|Organization||Indo-US Science And Technology Forum|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||September 3, 2017|
The Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF), established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in March 2000, is an autonomous, not for profit society that promotes and catalyzes Indo-US bilateral collaborations in science, technology, engineering and biomedical research through substantive interaction among government, academia and industry. As a grant making organization, the principle objective of IUSSTF is to provide opportunities, to exchange ideas, information, skills and technologies, and to collaborate on scientific and technological endeavor of mutual interest that can translate the power of science for the benefit of mankind at large.
- Address United States