Department of Science and Technology (DST) announces opening of applications for Women Scientist Scheme-B (WOS-B). The scheme focuses on projects related to Science & Technology (S&T) interventions for societal benefit.
About the scheme:
- The project proposal must address a well-identified societal challenge and deliver possible solution(s) by way of development of viable technology/technique and/or lab-to-land technology transfer, its adaptation and scaling up.
- Candidates (Women scientists) interested in applying under this scheme, must develop their own project/proposals for scientific and technological solutions to address issues preferably at enhance quality-of-life the grassroots level.
- The proposal must clearly bring out the societal benefit to be accrued through well-conceived plan for development of technology/technique and/or adaptation/ customization.
- Candidates must fall in age group of 27-57 years having break in their career and interested in addressing a well-defined/identified societal challenge through viable S&T interventions.
Duration: maximum 3 years
- For Ph.D. or equivalent: Rs 55,000/- (total project cost not exceeding Rs.30 lakhs)
- For M.Phil/M.Tech or equivalent: Rs.40,000/- (total project cost not exceeding Rs.25 lakhs)
- For M.Sc or equivalent Rs.30,000/- (total project cost not exceeding Rs.20 lakhs).
How to apply:
- Apply online via the application portal
- PI has to register at this portal and then upload the proposal in the given format.
- 2 hardcopies of submitted research proposal should also be sent to Dr Vandana Singh, Scientist, Department of Science and Technology, Technology Bhawan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110016, by Speed Post. The envelope should be superscribed with ‘Women Scientist Scheme-B (WOS-B)’.
|Organization||Department of Science and Technology (DST)|
|Fellowship Level||Grants and Reserach awards|
|Subject areas||Science and Technology|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
Department of Science & Technology (DST) was established in May 1971, with the objective of promoting new areas of Science & Technology and to play the role of a nodal department for organising, coordinating and promoting S&T activities in the country. The Department has major responsibilities for specific projects and programmes as listed below:
- Formulation of policies relating to Science and Technology.
- Matters relating to the Scientific Advisory Committee of the Cabinet (SACC).
- Promotion of new areas of Science and Technology with special emphasis on emerging areas.
- Research and Development through its research institutions or laboratories for development of indigenous technologies concerning bio-fuel production, processing, standardization and applications, in co-ordination with the concerned Ministry or Department;
- Research and Development activities to promote utilization of by-products to development value added chemicals.
- Coordination and integration of areas of Science & Technology having cross-sectoral linkages in which a number of institutions and departments have interest and capabilities.
- Undertaking or financially sponsoring scientific and technological surveys, research design and development, where necessary.
- Support and Grants-in-aid to Scientific Research Institutions, Scientific Associations and Bodies.
- Matters commonly affecting Scientific and technological departments/organisations/ institutions e.g. financial, personnel, purchase and import policies and practices.
- Management Information Systems for Science and Technology and coordination thereof.
- Matters regarding Inter-Agency/Inter-Departmental coordination for evolving science and technology missions.
- Matters concerning domestic technology particularly the promotion of ventures involving the commercialization of such technology other than those under the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research.
- All other measures needed for the promotion of science and technology and their application to the development and security of the nation.
- Matters relating to institutional Science and Technology capacity building including setting up of new institutions and institutional infrastructure.
- Promotion of Science and Technology at the State, District, and Village levels for grass- roots development through State Science and Technology Councils and other mechanisms.
- Application of Science and Technology for weaker sections, women and other disadvantaged sections of Society.
- Address India
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,162)
- Europe (833)
- United Kingdom (549)
- Germany (534)
- United States (477)
- Australia (240)
- Switzerland (237)
- Norway (224)
- Denmark (205)
- Netherlands (149)
- Italy (142)
- Sweden (139)
- France (104)
- Canada (96)
- Japan (83)
- Spain (82)
- All Country (69)
- Belgium (66)
- Finland (63)
- China (43)
- New Zealand (42)
- Austria (40)
- Singapore (39)
- Czech Republic (30)
- South Africa (29)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(111)
- JRF / SRF(5)
- Masters | PhD(45)
- Research Associate(342)
- Research Awards(301)
- Short cources(19)
- Short courses(34)
- Summer School(2)
- Technical positions(374)
- Travel Grants(59)