TCIS (TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences) Young Researcher Program (YRP) is for talented and interested research scientists who want to establish themselves in the forefront of science in India. Applications for this program may be sent to TCIS year-round.
About the YRP:
- It’s open to scientists who have no more than 2 years of postdoc experience.
- Applicant must be in the forefront of research activities that overlap with activities in TCIS or able to start new areas in line with the theme of TCIS vision.
- The program is also open to those postdoc fellows who are in TCIS and have received any other fellowship and are deemed to meet the criteria for joining TCIS under YRP.
- TCIS will not provide any financial assistance towards research or salary of the candidate besides what is given by the concerned national funding agency.
- TCIS will only provide research infrastructure and an ambience congenial to highly productive research output.
- The candidate may guide a TCIS Doctoral student but a regular faculty member in TCIS must accept the responsibility of co-supervisor-ship, in view of the fixed-term nature of the YRP.
- Researchers under this program are expected to work independently; collaboration with TCIS faculty members is natural and encouraged. They are also expected to take part in the TCIS teaching program.
YRP selection procedure consists of the following steps:
- Candidates with one of the Fellowships (INSPIRE Faculty Award, Ramanujan fellowship, Ramalingaswami Fellowship, and DBT-Wellcome Fellowship) are eligible to apply.
- Applications with CV; soft copies of 3 major publications; research proposal; summary of the research accomplishments (1 page).
- Applications with all documents can be sent to email@example.com
- 3 Reference letters may be sent separately at the same time.
TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences (TCIS)
|Subject areas||Science, Engineering and Technology|
|Eligibility||Open for Indian nationals only|
|Deadline||Rolling (may apply any time of the year)|