PhD student/Postdoctoral researcher at University of Turku, Finland: A PhD student/Postdoctoral researcher position is available in the lymphocytes and inflammation research group led by Academy Research Fellow Zhi Chen at the Turku Centre for Biotechnology, University of Turku.
The Turku Centre for Biotechnology with state-of-the-art core facilities is a joint institute of the University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University. The research interest of the group focuses on study the role of the relatively newly identified subsets of helper T cells, Th17 and iTreg in regulating the inflammatory/autoimmune axis. We are particularly interested in the regulation and interactions between the immune and hormonal responses and how the interactions contribute to pathogenesis of immune-mediated diseases.
Requirements: The candidate is expected to be creative, motivated and with a MSc/Ph.D degree in immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry or related fields.
- The salary is in accordance with the University salary system (for teaching and research personnel) level 1 – 2 (PhD student) or level 5 (postdoctoral researcher), where the work specific salary component is between 1808,42 ‐ 1985,85 or 2865,30 €/month.
- In addition, there is a share increase based on the personal performance, which is, at most, 46,3% of the base salary.
- The initial contract will be for one year (with a 4 months trial period) starting from the first of February 2016, with a possibility for extension. Starting date is negotiable.
Application procedure: Applications should include
(1) a brief summary of undergraduate project(s),
(2) CV with a list of publications (if available),
(3) contact details for three references, and
(4) a copy of Master/PhD’s degree certificate.
Please send your application through the eRekry online application system at latest on January 17th 2016. A link to the online application system is in the beginning of the call for application at www.utu.fi/careers. For further inquiries regarding the position, please contact Academy Research Fellow Zhi Chen (zchen (at) btk.fi) and inquiries regarding the application procedure, please contact coordinator Ulla Karhunen (ulla.karhunen (at) btk.fi, +358 2 333 8042).
Deadline: Apply before January 17th 2016
For more details: www.utu.fi/careers