Job description/ Project description:
We seek candidates whose research interests enhance and complement the research group in Operator Algebra. Information about the Operator Algebra group at UiO can be found here.
The supporting grant for this position is part of the project “Noncommutative geometry and quantum groups’’ financed by the European Research Council, so the preference will be given to candidates working in either of these two fields.
The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials. The candidate must have a PhD or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in Operator Algebras or Quantum Groups.
The main purpose of post-doctoral research fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in top academic positions within their disciplines. Please also refer to the regulations pertaining to the conditions of employment for post-doctoral fellowship positions.
A good command of English is required.
Pay Grade: 57 – 65 (NOK 483 700 – 560 700 per year, depending on qualifications and seniority).
How to Apply – The application must include:
- Application letter
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- A complete list of publications and up to 5 academic works that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
UiO has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results a.o.
- Application deadline: 30 September, 2015
- Reference number: 2015/11490
- Home page: http://www.math.uio.no
- Professor Sergey Neshveyev
Telephone: +47 22855921
- Questions regarding Easycruit, contact HR Officer Therese Ringvold
Telephone: +47 22851606