ICFO invites applications for a research engineer position to embark on a highly interdisciplinary team formed by engineers, physicists and chemists, led by Profs. Frank Koppens and Gerasimos Konstantatos, to work on an exciting prototype development project using graphene and quantum dot material platforms for sensing and imaging applications.
We are looking for a highly ambitious, target oriented, self-driven and strong team player candidate with demonstrated expertise in one of the following areas:
1. Advanced CMOS microfabrication and cleanroom expertise using: Atomic Layer Deposition, sputtering, e-beam and thermal evaporation, Reactive Ion Etching, Photo- and laser writing lithography, SEM and AFM inspection etc.
2. Advanced expertise in large area graphene processing including wet and dry transfer, patterning, cleaning and growth. Expertise in surface modification of substrates for graphene adhesion and control of its electronic properties will be considered a plus.
The candidate will have the unique opportunity to be part of a team whose mission is to develop the first high performance optoelectronic prototypes enabled by graphene and its integration with CMOS electronics with emphasis on image sensors and flexible wearable sensor technologies.
Candidates must hold an internationally-recognized Masters-equivalent degree (or evidence of its completion in the nearest future). Hands-on experience is most important.
The contract is offered for a period of one year, initially.
How to Apply
The formal application should be submitted online via http://jobs.icfo.eu. Suitable candidates are requested to submit:
– A cover letter with a declaration of interest,
– Curriculum Vitae, including complete contact details,
– The contact e-mail of two potential referees (to be indicated in the online application form).
Candidates may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for informal enquiries regarding the application, as well as address scientific enquiries to either Prof Gerasimos Konstantatos at email@example.com, or Prof. Frank Koppens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The call will remain open until suitable candidates are identified.
For updated information about ICFO, please visit http://www.icfo.eu/
Deadline: 31st of August, 2015