Japan International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) has posted 1 job
Japan International Business Machines Corporation (IBM)International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is an American multinational company headquartered in Armonk, New York, United States, with operations in over 170 countries.
Since its inception, nearly a century ago, IBM has defined itself not only through products, technologies or leaders — but by fundamental values. IBM’s value serve as the foundation and ensures that it delivers innovations that matter for the company and the world.
These days, society’s energy- and climate-related issues are at the top of their strategic agenda, and it is leading the way in developing green technology. IBM is one of the most successful companies in history.
IBM corporate responsibility
IBM’s Corporate Service Corps program sends its employees on four-week project assignments in emerging markets. IBMers who participate in the program get the unique opportunity to develop their leadership skills, while also enjoying a rewarding experience they will remember for the rest of their lives. Also, IBMers spend over 1 million hours each year in community service and volunteer work in their local communities.
Fast facts about the work of IBM
- IBM is the world leader in middleware and the third-largest software company overall.
- IBM is the world leader in IT services.
- IBM is consistently among the top 10 most innovative companies in the world, according to Boston Consulting Group.
- IBM employees have earned Nobel Prizes, Turing Awards, National Medals of Technology, and National Medals of Science.
- IBM was ranked 6th in Universum’s “World’s Most Attractive Employers – Engineering/IT student 2015”.
- IBM has a continuous history dating back to the 19th century.
- In World War I, the company had hired disabled veterans to promote workforce diversity and equal opportunity.
- IBM has twelve research labs located around the world.
- Annually, IBM invests billions of dollars in research and development.
- IBM offers employees a flexible work schedule and work environment, including traditional, mobile, client, and work at home offices. As well as the tools and resources to ensure continued development of skills and expertise throughout their careers.
The IBM Client Innovation Centers offer core skills across the software development life cycle for custom and packaged applications. Such as:
- Master data management
- Oracle Apps, eBusiness, Retek
- Cloud Financials, PeopleSoft, Microsoft
- Mobile application Development, Apple/iOS
- Smarter Commerce (Sterling, WebSphere)
- Mobile, Bluemix, Worklight
- Cúram Test Center of Excellence
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Salesforce
- Custom application development Testing (application and mobile automation)
- Mainframe, midrange, z System development
- COBOL application development
- Project management
- Cloud managed services (DevOps and DST)
- Agile coaching
- Address Japan