- Science and Technology
- Environmental Sciences
- Ecology and Natural Resource Management
Faculty of Social Sciences:
- Economics and Business
- International Environment and Development Studies
- Society, Development and Planning
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Biosciences:
To be admitted to the PhD program assumed further that you can document full funding for the entire recording period.
Funding may be by applying for a scholarship at NMBU or via funding from the Norwegian Research Council, public or private organizations or enterprises.
Application for admission to PhD programs at NMBU be made by filling out FORM 1.1.1.
FORM 1.1.1 shall be submitted no later than two months after startup.
The following documents must accompany the application:
- Certified copy of original diploma for master’s degree, degree or equivalent
- Project outline plan for research work (about 1-3 pages)
- Documentation of English proficiency, cf. § 5.2 in Regulations
The following documents attached to the application if applicable:
- For foreign education: an assessment of education from NOKUT
- For foreign education: official description of the grading system of the institution where the degree was awarded
Applying for a scholarship at NMBU
Even if you are employed as a research fellow at the university, it does not mean you automatically have admission to a PhD program. Appointment and admission is two parallel processes applied separately, but they should as far as possible coordinated at the department that you are applying at. You must therefore be prepared to document that you fulfill the admission requirements for the PhD program when you apply for a fellowship.
Cooperation with external parties
- If you have financing, employment or receiving other contributions from an external party (non-degree-conferring institution, eg. Research institute, business, public sector, etc.) Should the external party also involved when entering into “PhD Agreement for implementation of doctoral education at NMBU “. Should there be a need to deal regulate matters other than those referred to in ph.d.avtalen, this can be done in the form of attachments to ph.d.avtalen. For questions please contact senior legal email@example.com.
- If you are going to conduct the PhD program in collaboration with another degree-conferring institution (university or college with the right to award doctorates in Norway or abroad) shall responsibility and cooperation is regulated through a “Cotutelleavtale”: FORM 1.2. Please note that this agreement is in addition to the regular PhD agreement that you enter into with NMBU.