12 PhD Studentship Positions – Plant Responses To Eliminate Critical Threats at Georg at the University of Goettingen, Germany. The position beginning at May 1st, 2016. The salary is in accordance with the German public service salary scale (50% E13 TV-L) for up to three years.
The IRTG 2172 is a collaborative PhD program between the Georg-August-University and the University of British Columbia which focusses on a broad range of plant defense mechanisms against different pathogens and pests.
|Organization||University of Goettingen|
|Subject areas||Biotechnology, Biology, Agriculture, Forestry|
|Eligibility||Open for International applicants|
|Deadline||30th of January, 2016|
Project Areas: The specific scientific focus is to elucidate defense mechanisms that are operational in different cellular and extracellular compartments and at different spatial scales, including the cuticle, the cell wall, the cytosol, the mitochondria and the nucleus as well as the phloem and xylem cells that connect different organs.
In addition to obtaining a holistic picture on these often interconnected defense mechanisms, doctoral researchers will have access to modern technologies like genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics and cutting edge microscopy. The broad based training will enable doctoral researchers to address questions in plant defense at a system-wide level in the frame of an international collaboration.
Requirements / Qualifications: Candidates should fulfill the following requirements:
– A very good M.Sc. degree (or equivalent) in biology, agriculture, forestry or similar field
– A strong background in one of the biological disciplines covered by the IRTG (biochemistry, genetics, cell biology)
– Very good English skills (written and spoken)
– High motivation to spend part of the PhD time at UBC in Vancouver
The IRTG 2172 offers:
– Excellent experimental infrastructure for successful PhD projects
– An international and interdisciplinary research environment
– Intense scientific guidance by a group of experienced and internationally renowned supervisors
– An attractive and customized training program
The University of Goettingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply as they are underrepresented in this field. Disabled persons with equivalent aptitude will be favored.
How to apply
Detailed information on the research projects and the qualification program are available at
Only applications submitted via the application platform, will be considered in the selection process. You find the online application platform here:
Deadline: Closing date is the 30th of January, 2016.
For further information please contact email@example.com or any of the other PI`s.